Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't post here often, but I've gotta say: are we telepathically connected? I could not have ever put it better myself. As I've said multiple times, people look at Tesla's manufacturing, design, battery and powertrain and SW prowess, and associate that to a much older company. Companies that have been building cars for over 90 years have yet to understand and innovate as much as this newcomer is. Tesla's only been building the MS for 9 years. That's an infant in automotive years. Go to any other manufacturer's dealers right now, and you'll either get told to buckle up for a long wait time, or get totally ripped off because the dealers have the power of low supply, high demand. They can charge whatever they want, and some person will pay. I know people personally that have had this occur, and it is horrible.

I've always looked at it as the longer it takes to arrive, the better and more dialed in it will be, along with who knows how many changes on the production line. For all we know, the car that you guys are waiting for may have features that haven't even been announced yet. These thoughts would help me stay calm and positive, and to make the wait totally tolerable, knowing that I would be waiting for what may be the best car in the world.😄👍

Nobody would be upset if Tesla had said at the time of sale that they expected delivery to occur within about a year. What people are upset about is that Tesla said they expected delivery to occur within about two months. I never would have placed my order if Tesla had told the truth. I was misled. The fact that Tesla is a new company does not excuse lying to its customers, or misleading them, or whatever you Tesla sympathizers want to call it.

Last edited:
Nobody would be upset if Tesla had said at the time of sale that they expected delivery to occur within about a year. What people are upset about is that Tesla said they expected delivery to occur within about two months. I never would have placed my order if Tesla had told the truth. I was misled. The fact that Tesla is a new company does not excuse lying to its customers, or misleading them, or whatever you Tesla sympathizers want to call it.

Agree but companies and people lie all the time if it's for their benefit. I understand this is highly irritating behavior to you and seems wrong. But at the end of the day you just want the car you want and to worry about more important things in your life.

I'd say wait for the Tesla and see if there's another car you might enjoy equally that is available now. But I'll say nice cars are quite hard to come by these days. You could consider buying a Model 3 or Y just to play with and drive around while house shopping and get the Plaid later or wait for the Plaid+ with newer batteries in a couple years.

I ended up getting tired of waiting so bought another new car just for the hell of it (out of boredom), but will still get the Plaid when it arrives.

Okay! Who changed today? Remember, Friday is spillover day!
No change. If rumors of post-EOQ factory idle are true, then I suspect that our EDDs won't update until production lines fire up again. This if true is a double-edged sword as deliveries to east coast may be delayed towards end of our windows (or beyond), but on flip side this would increase odds that a) parts supply chain and QC have time to catch up with production, b) NF VINs and c) potential unlocking of features like LEDs and tilt panel.

Or it could all just stay FUBAR.

No change but I figured mine would change today since I’m now within my EDD (again) of October 08 to 20. The last few times I reached the beginning of my date range it moved.
You're AZ, so maybe a Tuesday change
No change. If rumors of post-EOQ factory idle are true, then I suspect that our EDDs won't update until production lines fire up again. This if true is a double-edged sword as deliveries to east coast may be delayed towards end of our windows (or beyond), but on flip side this would increase odds that a) parts supply chain and QC have time to catch up with production, b) NF VINs and c) potential unlocking of features like LEDs and tilt panel.

Or it could all just stay FUBAR.
You're making my head hurt :)

@impastu - my super analytical predictor says that if our oct 30-nov19 date isnt moving on our moving day (Thu), while others are getting jerked around, it indicates that we've been slotted into pattern!

to everyone else who's getting moved around, Tesla is saying " Negative Ghostrider... the pattern is full"

now there are changes hapenning to folks outside of their moving day, and that indicates that their pattern is now on "Final"

As someone who's date hasn't moved and is one of the first few of this LR group in line, I'm getting anxious now. I start my new job Monday (which was a condition for getting the car) and I'm ready. The 3 is ready to sell a soon as I get my VIN!
We are anxious for you - if your dates hold, we all may have some hope!

My RN1146 just moved from Oct. 11 - Oct. 31 to Nov. 27 - Dec. 25. Plaid/White/White/CF.

I feel like I've tolerated the delays pretty well, but this one does sting.
Seems like a lot of the push backs are going from 20-day windows to 29 day windows. Don't think that is a step in the right direction.