Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same as in my signature. And every day that goes by the closer I am to canceling. Reading some of the absolute horror stories from EOQ cars, I could maybe handle the wait but man it's going to be a kicker if there are post delivery issues.
Similar boat but I "turned the corner" either last week, or hourly, or whatever - I HATE what they're doing to us, and my declining sanity, but I frankly think it's the best car & value out there, for me - so yeah, I'm hooked and putting up with the waiting game. I feel like a pawn and Elon is Zeus, pulling on my puppet strings. And dammit, I'm jumping as high as I can and dancing as well as I can!!!! I need FSD - flawless swing dancing!

Sanity check and musings -

1. this thread has now become my goto - as I think us "white interiors" are the last uber-delayed group
2. I think the white interior is similar to the 19" wheels of not that long ago - no deliveries, etc. and then log jam broke, and now 19" wheels are no biggie, versus "19" wheel sighting reports"
3. My dates have held for a week or so now - yes I keep checking a zillion times a day, and I'm hoping it can move up a bunch if/when the log jam breaks and the white interiors are produced and delivered in quantities
4. I think the VIN assignments are encouraging.
5. I think there are still no white interior LR deliveries on record
6. From what I read on the other thread(s) Tesla has not yet applied for 2022 VINs - not for any of their cars - so unless there's a delay in the Motor Vehicle ID System (I found the link somewhere last night) you can forget about N VINS for the foreseeable future.
6a. note - in the past it looks like they had next year VINs as early as October 7, but seemingly not this year.
7. I want to leave - Tell Tesla to stick my $100 up their supercharger nozzles - but I frankly want this car. A lot. And NOTHING I'm reading about other cars make me want them more. Yeah, I may use fart mode twice, but it's friggin there. Santa mode. Bioweapon defense mode. Sure, maybe childish (or man-childish) but those other cars won't make me smile if I tap on the screen and it works as expected - pick a radio station, and it plays the radio. sure. Tesla will do some overnight update, and then who the heck knows what will happen - a new feature? finally play the witcher? working FSD? there are a lot of bumps, and some rough edges (and plenty of imperfect smooth edges) but I still think nothing compares to the goodies Tesla has. Stupid little things that help make a Tesla a Tesla. GPS auto raise by your driveway? Auto garage door? Car driving itself, even imperfectly at present? Summon? Stupid performance. Cheetah stance? Dragstrip mode? Invisible vents? The list goes on - things I just can't get elsewhere.

My buddy showed me his 4 cameras on his polestar 2 (my 2016 also has 4 cameras, yawn). tesla has oh, 8? Sentry mode? Those cameras can be crucial towards a break in or accident.

There's more - as I don't even have one yet and have only read, or played briefly with my pal's S. But I friggin want this car. More than I want more more expensive luxury German car.

yeah, I feel kicked in the teeth at times (but not as badly as those September 2020 orders, or those who ordered before me). I want it, and I've resigned myself to stop thinking, "okay, one more week and I'll cancel" - I'm not canceling. who am i kidding? I'm having my charger finally installed next week. then i'll just stare at it and be angry there's nothing to charge with it, but I'll muse it gets me that much closer to my future little buddy.
One of my daughters named her car "Jwow" (jersey shore) - I was going to go with Sparky, and I may still, but might be funny for Gwow. I'm not sure if any other cars have places for you to electronically name them. That's not THE reason to get a Tesla. But it may be A reason to get one :)

I’m having my charger finally installed next week. then i'll just stare at it and be angry there's nothing to charge with it, but I'll muse it gets me that much closer to my future little buddy.

Oh, you mean this? It hurts looking at this lonely 240 buddy.

Attachments

• B5F87622-F39F-4536-9B84-E9BFE681B6B8.jpeg
    B5F87622-F39F-4536-9B84-E9BFE681B6B8.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 64
Sanity check and musings -

1. this thread has now become my goto - as I think us "white interiors" are the last uber-delayed group
2. I think the white interior is similar to the 19" wheels of not that long ago - no deliveries, etc. and then log jam broke, and now 19" wheels are no biggie, versus "19" wheel sighting reports"
3. My dates have held for a week or so now - yes I keep checking a zillion times a day, and I'm hoping it can move up a bunch if/when the log jam breaks and the white interiors are produced and delivered in quantities
4. I think the VIN assignments are encouraging.
6. From what I read on the other thread(s) Tesla has not yet applied for 2022 VINs - not for any of their cars - so unless there's a delay in the Motor Vehicle ID System (I found the link somewhere last night) you can forget about N VINS for the foreseeable future.
6a. note - in the past it looks like they had next year VINs as early as October 7, but seemingly not this year.
7. I want to leave - Tell Tesla to stick my $100 up their supercharger nozzles - but I frankly want this car. A lot. And NOTHING I'm reading about other cars make me want them more. Yeah, I may use fart mode twice, but it's friggin there. Santa mode. Bioweapon defense mode. Sure, maybe childish (or man-childish) but those other cars won't make me smile if I tap on the screen and it works as expected - pick a radio station, and it plays the radio. sure. Tesla will do some overnight update, and then who the heck knows what will happen - a new feature? finally play the witcher? working FSD? there are a lot of bumps, and some rough edges (and plenty of imperfect smooth edges) but I still think nothing compares to the goodies Tesla has. Stupid little things that help make a Tesla a Tesla. GPS auto raise by your driveway? Auto garage door? Car driving itself, even imperfectly at present? Summon? Stupid performance. Cheetah stance? Dragstrip mode? Invisible vents? The list goes on - things I just can't get elsewhere.

My buddy showed me his 4 cameras on his polestar 2 (my 2016 also has 4 cameras, yawn). tesla has oh, 8? Sentry mode? Those cameras can be crucial towards a break in or accident.

There's more - as I don't even have one yet and have only read, or played briefly with my pal's S. But I friggin want this car. More than I want more more expensive luxury German car.

yeah, I feel kicked in the teeth at times (but not as badly as those September 2020 orders, or those who ordered before me). I want it, and I've resigned myself to stop thinking, "okay, one more week and I'll cancel" - I'm not canceling. who am i kidding? I'm having my charger finally installed next week. then i'll just stare at it and be angry there's nothing to charge with it, but I'll muse it gets me that much closer to my future little buddy.
One of my daughters named her car "Jwow" (jersey shore) - I was going to go with Sparky, and I may still, but might be funny for Gwow. I'm not sure if any other cars have places for you to electronically name them. That's not THE reason to get a Tesla. But it may be A reason to get one :)
I've pretty much given up looking at the forums and refreshing my order page. I check the order page once a day and that's it. I am pretty disillusioned by the whole experience. BTW I did see a white interior LR at my local dealer, so they do exist. I expect to see my car in Q1 next year. The only annoying thing is the brakes are running low on my trade in, so I might need to replace these before it arrives, which will sting. I just wish I could be told a date (whenever it is)

I've pretty much given up looking at the forums and refreshing my order page. I check the order page once a day and that's it. I am pretty disillusioned by the whole experience. BTW I did see a white interior LR at my local dealer, so they do exist. I expect to see my car in Q1 next year. The only annoying thing is the brakes are running low on my trade in, so I might need to replace these before it arrives, which will sting. I just wish I could be told a date (whenever it is)
I'm in the same situation... Been holding Blank on EDD for a few weeks now and at this point there's no use in checking so often - it'll get here when it gets here. I suppose one would hope we would get a better quality build by the time our cars are delivered.

There are, but not recently. And I think someone with a LR white interior is scheduled for this week or next. There might be two orders, cannot keep track.
See the last few pages of this thread. First 2022 VINs (and changes) discussion / Thread but what you have stated is correct.
Then click cancel. You seem to ebb and flow on cancelling. And you might be better if you just cancel and feel good about it. Either that, or stop obsessing over the date and the car will come when it comes.
Only four cameras record in sentry mode and they are not entirely reliable. It has been seen that camera recording cut out, skip, malfunction.
But yet you just said you want to leave? Telling Tesla to take your $100 and shove it down their Supercharging network throat?

A cautionary tale, in my excitement about getting a delivery reservation I fell victim to Tesla's "encouraging" messages to enter my payment info for the vehicle. Yeah...that was dumb...for some reason, despite it being pretty clear that I was paying for the car then and there, I thought it wouldn't grab the cash until the car was accepted by me (or at least until the paperwork was finalized.)

So, now I have to hope for a refund (they calculated the tax incorrectly), which they say they cannot start until "72 hours prior to delivery". And hope that everything is good with the car on delivery.

Anyway, please let my error be a reminder to not let the excitement cloud your judgement. Don't be a schmuck like me!