Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't driven or sat in the refresh yet. I'm saving that glorious experience for my own car.

My EDD starts tomorrow, and still no VIN !!! Ive seen a couple of people's window start and hadn't receive a VIN yet, I just cant remember what happened to them after that. Has anyone been in this situation or remember if they just eventually got pushed out?
I'll let you know in a couple days as well. lol

Haven't driven or sat in the refresh yet. I'm saving that glorious experience for my own car.

My EDD starts tomorrow, and still no VIN !!! Ive seen a couple of people's window start and hadn't receive a VIN yet, I just cant remember what happened to them after that. Has anyone been in this situation or remember if they just eventually got pushed out?
Given you are in CA and estimated dates go through the 11th - totally normal. Although, you could also get pushed out.

I didn’t want to be one of those who just ran after they got their car, so I’m back with some photos. Took delivery this morning. LR/Blue/White/21’s/FSD. RN1153, July order in Orange County, CA. Had a final EDD of 10/7-10/14 but got delayed because they found a scratch they had to correct prior to delivery. Wow! Leaps and bounds above my 2018 Model S 75D. Acceleration is wild, and the car truly feels much more luxurious than before. Can’t even imagine what a plaid would feel like (this in insane mode is AMPLE for me). Gotta get used to the yoke….but it was worth the wait!!! Missing only the cargo cover, otherwise complete and I’m not seeing any gap issues or major paint flaws. No wrinkles on the seats. A little annoying they left the car out overnight and it had condensation all over it, but whatever. A+ Tesla!
Looks so awesome! But dam dude - July order?! July 2021 right? :) What is the secret?

I don’t understand why these Long Rangers don’t understand they are taking longer to get the cars.
plaid and LR are different guys. Even the white interior is different.
plus Tesla’s makes more money on Plaid than LR so that may play into affect.
Long Range = Long Wait. Who knew I ordered the LW?

Looks so awesome! But dam dude - July order?! July 2021 right? :) What is the secret?
Plaid
The secret is buy Plaid
IT'S VIN DAY!!!
IT'S VIN DAY!!!
IT'S VIN DAY!!!
IT'S VIN DAY!!!

5YJSA1E59MF45

OMG I'm gonna 😭😭😭😭

The club will be closing in a couple of weeks, boys. Enjoy it while it lasts!!!
are you getting your vin by looking up the source code?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Must have been a refusal car. I think they match them like this.
SA’s can confirm whether the VIN had been matched/unmatched for prior customers before being assigned to you. But they can’t determine a reason (e.g., financing fell through vs rejected for potential defects). Of course, that assumes you’ve got access to an SA who gives a darn.

We have friends who ordered a long range White Interior in July, took delivery today in Los Angeles. I think with transportation shortages, Tesla is delivering a lot of West Coast orders.
West Coast = CA? There’s a Washington state delivery thread and it’s pretty empty there in terms of delivery.

What transportation shortage? Trucks? What is “a lot”? I think there are plenty of folks in CA in this thread with no deliveries.

it's push back day for me

Estimated Delivery: November 16 - December 14​

Oct 20 - November 16 - December 14
Sept 24 - November 4 - November 24
Sept 3 - October 24 - November 13
Aug 17 - November 21 - December 11
Aug 15 - November 20 - December 10
Aug 10 - November 21 - December 11
Aug 4 - Blank
July 23 - Blank
June 21 - August
May 26 - Blank