Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I'd stop refreshing my account page once I got a VIN. Nope. first to keep checking that it's real. second to see if my SA read my email to change me back from cash to Tesla Financing... Tried chat, nope go talk to your SA ... lol. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get that switched. Have payment terms finalized and prepare for delivery just before Thanksgiving (though I'm expecting it to be after lol just because I have to make a 4 hour drive for Thanksgiving go figure) ...

Actually... after Thanksgiving would be better because then I can get it in for PPF before I take it on a 500 mile road trip.

I gotta say... I was in a good mood today for sure 😀 ... no dislikes from me today for anyone lol.
Please post what method was successful for switching back to financing. I’ll have to do that if I ever get a VIN!

Welp! my wishful thinking of us seeing 2022s this week just got CONFIRMED.... to be wrong.

In other news! I got an email back from my SA who is now Titled: Customer Experience Manager

Hi Cyb,

My apologies on the delayed response.

Based on everything that I can see in my system, the updated delivery window of 2/2 - 3/2 is accurate. We have been experiencing production delays for new S/X due to the global supply chain shortage.

Hopefully these updated timelines are on the conservative side – I will be sure to keep an eye out in case anything happens to pop up in inventory!

Your lovely SA
Customer Experience Manager

I'm gonna cry in a corner now....

Last edited:
Edd window begins tomorrow. SA told me my VIN match day is 11/14. I see other Blk/W/19 LRs getting vins that order after me so I'm super optimistic! Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.
@shadowmike I was in your same situation a few days ago. Even the Ops Advisor had nothing for me. My previous EDD was Nov 14-28. I received my VIN last night. So the “batch” of Black exterior with White interior is being done now.

What are you guys buying for the driver footrest ?
I too bought the Evannex footrest (they also sell through Amazon). It installed perfectly in our X. I've heard that the refresh S mat covers the dead rest area, so I'm considering having the mat modified by an upholstery or leather shop to make room for the Evannex footrest.

Please post what method was successful for switching back to financing. I’ll have to do that if I ever get a VIN!
I've had on and off talks with my SA. what actually got him to talk to me again though was a chat on tesla.com where they forwarded the request to him. the SA (or now Tesla Advisor) has to switch it back.

@shadowmike I was in your same situation a few days ago. Even the Ops Advisor had nothing for me. My previous EDD was Nov 14-28. I received my VIN last night. So the “batch” of Black exterior with White interior is being done now.
I hope you're right, Psycho Bunny! That's my configuration also. I'd love to get my MS by Christmas! I'm starting to eye the Plaid versions now, as they are showing available to deliver in December on the Tesla site... I'd probably jump that way if I didn't have $15k in "discounts" on my current order since I ordered before the price increases! Keep pumping those Black/White MS LRs out, Elon!

I called Tesla at their Corporate phone number (888-518-3752) this morning to fish for any more info I could get on my MS LR order from 6/28 (RN1151). I actually got through to a friendly, helpful person! He checked the internal system and said my car was slated for actual production between 12/9 and 12/12, and that I should be able to take delivery of my car before Christmas (my goal). I know this info may be highly unreliable, but at least it's encouraging, and tracks with the idea that Tesla will be working on a batch of Black/White LR's soon.

I called Tesla at their Corporate phone number (888-518-3752) this morning to fish for any more info I could get on my MS LR order from 6/28 (RN1151). I actually got through to a friendly, helpful person! He checked the internal system and said my car was slated for actual production between 12/9 and 12/12, and that I should be able to take delivery of my car before Christmas (my goal). I know this info may be highly unreliable, but at least it's encouraging, and tracks with the idea that Tesla will be working on a batch of Black/White LR's soon.
VERY confused how this is possible. Still sitting @ End of January into February EDD. Really hope i get bumped up soon. Exact same build as you but i do not have FSD. Though i will probably subscribe to it for road trips.

I was given an email to send changing financing. They're pretty quick about getting back. Just include your reservation number and maybe send it form the email that you have on your Tesla account. [email protected] is who I emailed. I guess because I'm in Central US. Maybe they have a western US email but I'm not sure.

Seems to be on par with what I heard from my call to corporate the other day. Looks like a batch of Black/White combos will be made around those times

Just got assigned another VIN for the 2nd time in 2 weeks...still a MF VIN though (MF453159). A different SA called to schedule delivery, I told her the same thing I told the previous SA that I am waiting for a 2022 NF VIN. The last SA I spoke to said I was placed "on pause" until mid-December (that was his guess on when production would switch over to 2022s.) Guess their system just put me right back in the queue again.

With that being said this SA asked me if I knew of anyone that wanted this particular car and that she might be able to reassign VIN to them. Any takers?

Plaid White on white interior w/CF, 19s, no FSD

Last edited:
Just got assigned another VIN for the 2nd time in 2 weeks...still a MF VIN though (MF453159). A different SA called to schedule delivery, I told her the same thing I told the previous SA that I am waiting for a 2022 NF VIN. The last SA I spoke to said I was placed "on pause" until mid-December (that was his guess on when production would switch over to 2022s.) Guess their system just put me right back in the queue again.

With that being said this SA asked me if I knew of anyone that wanted this particular car and that she might be able to reassign VIN to them. Any takers?

White on white interior w/CF, 19s, no FSD
Assuming it’s a LR - ME!!!

Tesla called me yesterday to asked if I wanted my car delivered early - er, helz yes! Finally!

Attachments

• Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 79
In the unlikely event the person I spoke with had accurate data and my car goes into production Dec 9-12, when will I likely receive a VIN? 2 weeks prior to production? When production starts? What has been the experience here?