Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN114710 MS Ordered back in March, White on White with Walnut, 19" Tempest, no FSD.
I got my VIN on 10/28, and scheduled a pickup appointment for 11/19.
I got a call that my car arrived in Austin Texas on Thursday 11/11. I was hoping to pickup on Saturday 11/13, so I sent a text message to the local delivery team.

Got a call from the local delivery team, there is apparently a factory hold on my MS. They are hoping that a new firmware will be released on Wednesday 11/17, after which I can show up on Friday 11/19. Not sure what's the firmware issue, I speculate that they might have swapped out components in production, which requires a new firmware....?
Apparently it is related to the center console manual control - assume that is the gear selector. This is now the third (or fourth) confirmation of such. Previous posts said they were unsure of when the firmware would be available, so this is good to hear.

So I've got an RN1151 order (blue/white/19's) from early June that started at September, then October, and now is 12/5-25 and has been there for a while. A 3-week spread for an end-quarter East Coast delivery seems like a pipe dream, wouldn't you agree? I should just stop checking my account and visiting this forum until at least January shouldn't I? Looking at the Google form (assuming that is current) it seems like nobody around me is getting earlier dates and some folks have already slid into February 2022.
I’m in the same boat. RN1150, EDD 12-7-27. I hope we both get our 2022 VINs and delivery in December!

my edd has been holding on dec4-31 for two weeks. just texted my SA and he said the system is showing end of dec to mid january for estimated delivery. is that when the vin will issues or shall I expect vin before more withing the current EDD?
A lot depends on what attribute the SA was looking at. With a range, probably a production schedule - which means car being built. Though you are end of quarter, end of year - so things could accelerate and you could still see it this year.

So I've got an RN1151 order (blue/white/19's) from early June that started at September, then October, and now is 12/5-25 and has been there for a while. A 3-week spread for an end-quarter East Coast delivery seems like a pipe dream, wouldn't you agree? I should just stop checking my account and visiting this forum until at least January shouldn't I? Looking at the Google form (assuming that is current) it seems like nobody around me is getting earlier dates and some folks have already slid into February 2022.
Im also in Richmond. Early june order white/white/19's no FSD. Ive been sitting at 12/13 to 01/02 for several weeks now/no change in date. Ours may end up on same train/truck/whatever.

Random note: when I used to watch Sons of Anarchy, they would sometimes make reference to Richmond. Always confused me as I'd be like "they are riding a LONG way to come to RVA. Plus no major gangs are here".

Seems kinda accurate. RN1150 and estimated 11/28 - 12/18 here. In TX though.

I've been in the dark place before. And days later I finally got a VIN. Keep hope alive!
The dark place for sure exists when you've been waiting as long as we have. 😆 🤣 Dark place for those that ordered in June and July they haven't truly gotten there yet

Excited for everyone getting VINs but not sympathetic for those that haven't waited 8+ months yet :)

Apparently it is related to the center console manual control - assume that is the gear selector. This is now the third (or fourth) confirmation of such. Previous posts said they were unsure of when the firmware would be available, so this is good to hear.
Gotcha, thank you. Crossing my fingers that the FW update will happen on Wednesday as stated!

Received my vin on 11/3 and on 11/10 received the automated text to schedule delivery. The earliest I could set it for was 11/20, so I went with that. Spoke to my SA via email soon thereafter to confirm the pre refresh order of a discount of 2k would be reflected on the account. She said that would happen 48 hours before delivery, which was OK with me. She also said she saw my car was scheduled to be delivered on 11/16. Received a call yesterday 11/15 from Tesla (not my SA) to go over the delivery information registration, payment, insurance, etc. He then confirmed that the car would indeed be delivered off the truck on 11/16 and would I like to schedule delivery sooner....uuhhhhhhh.... F yeah. So I'm set for delivery tomorrow at 2:00 pm. Just thought I'd share the experience for others who feel the pain of the wait after the vin :).

Received my vin on 11/3 and on 11/10 received the automated text to schedule delivery. The earliest I could set it for was 11/20, so I went with that. Spoke to my SA via email soon thereafter to confirm the pre refresh order of a discount of 2k would be reflected on the account. She said that would happen 48 hours before delivery, which was OK with me. She also said she saw my car was scheduled to be delivered on 11/16. Received a call yesterday 11/15 from Tesla (not my SA) to go over the delivery information registration, payment, insurance, etc. He then confirmed that the car would indeed be delivered off the truck on 11/16 and would I like to schedule delivery sooner....uuhhhhhhh.... F yeah. So I'm set for delivery tomorrow at 2:00 pm. Just thought I'd share the experience for others who feel the pain of the wait after the vin :).
Happy for you! Been a long wait for you! Enjoy the new car!