Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did not ask for pick up schedule, but it's still scheduled for delivery on Sunday (supposely worst case scenario) and he would notify me if I can pick up earlier. (He was initially ecstatic to try to let me pick up asap until he remembered about the firmware hold.) Definitely conflicts with the person who picks up the phone say about this location doesn't do pick up anymore. My car looked flawless from the exterior though, no gaps/paint issues from my eyes. Suprised there weren't many reds though so I felt lucky to even have a car assigned to me. Will post an immediate update though if I'm updated about picking up my car earlier than initial delivery schedule.
Congrats! Hopefully Sunday works out, we would have been picking up same day had my wife not previously booked us.

I suspect this airbag recall is the cause of our woes now. Now that it's been announced, it's illegal to sell a new car with open recalls, so if they are having issues sourcing whatever the replacement/fix is, it's going to be a bumpy quarter for deliveries.
The parts were probably changed out after some part. And the recall is for a range of cars, not including recently developed cars.

May order, RN1150. Same initial dates as you (12/13-1/2) in NJ. Now 1/26-2/23. Last week I was told that soft match vin likely first week of December. Called today and was told that new dates current best estimate. This person wouldn’t discuss soft vin matches - said they are inaccurate (and told they can’t give them out anymore)…not sure what or who to believe with ETA anymore. Fingers crossed system readjusts to better dates or a vin soon
You’re going to get a VIN soon

Just called SA and it's still in Birmingham Al. but still should be here for Sunday pick up
Screenshot_20211118-182408_Messenger.jpg

I can’t believe it, but I finally received a VIN last night, and while I expected it to be a MF VIN and need to delay, it’s a 2022 NF458 build! Now to finish financing details…definitely feels different than it would have had I taken delivery in June or July, but overall I’m just happy and excited to see it. Hoping for a clean build! :)
What's your RN?

I suspect this airbag recall is the cause of our woes now. Now that it's been announced, it's illegal to sell a new car with open recalls, so if they are having issues sourcing whatever the replacement/fix is, it's going to be a bumpy quarter for deliveries.
I never knew that, did my google search, and you are correct! The next inquiry, “Is Tesla a dealership?” - I’d argue yes, ignoring the mall shops, etc.
i believe the airbags are supposed to be replaced in January I think, but yeah, now it’s either for,ware for the center console, or recalled airbags. With any luck, they can swap out for good airbags, otherwise that will be a whole new world of pain.
it would be interesting if the dusty lot has cars with recalled parts, which was never my theory.