Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW I've had the same 4 week range (december 3-31) for a long while now. What was unusual to me is that I was one of the very few (at least at that time) that had a 4 week range versus a more typical 3 week range. that tells me (right or wrong) that i was soft "slotted" for production say, 3 weeks before in November - so again, that tells me that Tesla planned on blue/whites roughly the first or second week of november and I was pointed in that general direction.
My working theory is that when you're down to 3 weeks it's more serious, and then 2 you've actually been soft matched to a car.
I fully expect to see february or march at some point, possibly even april, as it SEEMS to me that is a place holder right before a VIN gets assigned.
i think also with shortages, it's not impossible that it really will slip into next quarter or later.
I want a 2022, and i'll be away x-mas week, so although i'm checking 27.5 times a day, i won't pull the trigger until it's what i want.
i'm also hearing you can remove FSD and not get dinged, though i'm nervous. i also have FOMO, but a lot of folks are telling me it's not worth it, and some are saying it is.
the betas seem to be improving, so there is that, and as long as i don't sell to tesla, it should transfer to the next guy. not sure the delta will be $10k when i sell, but maybe "something" - ditto if i get a decent deal on PPF
We were enrolled in FSD Beta on our 2020 MXLR recently and the answer is "it depends on where you plan to use it." I've found that on divided highways it is excellent. City streets without too many turns, it is pretty good, and on undivided two-lane roads it is more trouble than it is worth. We happened to get it half-way through a road trip and were able to compare standard AP on the way out vs. FSD Beta on the way back. Mostly 2 lane undivided roads in the Colorado Mountains and the amount of phantom braking caused so much stress for my wife that unless I was babysitting (i.e. foot on the pedal, hands firmly gripped on the wheel trying to anticipate problems), I wouldn't use it. The real problem is that once you upgrade to FSD Beta your AP also upgrades which means you'll get phantom brakes with just AP/cruise control. That sucked.

BTW, I'm a huge believer in the idea of autonomous driving (hell, I happily paid for it after watching the AI day video) and believe that if anyone is going to solve this in the next few years it will be Tesla. However, unless you are mostly doing divided highway driving I'd sit tight until it matures (maybe version 11?)

Just received a phone call to push my delivery date to Tuesday. They claimed that the engineers are working on it as we spoke and will hopefully get it done by Tomorrow or Sunday. They still wanted to push my delivery from Sunday to Tuesday to avoid having to repeat themselves to me if it gets delayed. They also said that they will contact me if it is released sooner, but I don't think they will considering how many other people they are in need of contacting. Hopefully if someone gets updated that the firmware has been done, we can all just go to our delivery centers to pick it up rather than waiting for a "update call".

Just received a phone call to push my delivery date to Tuesday. They claimed that the engineers are working on it as we spoke and will hopefully get it done by Tomorrow or Sunday. They still wanted to push my delivery from Sunday to Tuesday to avoid having to repeat themselves to me if it gets delayed. They also said that they will contact me if it is released sooner, but I don't think they will considering how many other people they are in need of contacting. Hopefully if someone gets updated that the firmware has been done, we can all just go to our delivery centers to pick it up rather than waiting for a "update call".
Was just as Westchase, saw my car.

Apparently my rear driver side window button does not work, per the writing on the glass 🤷🏽‍♂️ we shall see what happens. They would not oblige to deliver my vehicle today, did not mention why. Did not figure they would, but I took a shot. The individual said he would keep trying and let me know. I imagine if I do not hear by 4PM, it is not happening. Though it would be easier to say there is a firmware hold on my VIN and be like "see yea later".

Still no indication the firmware hold is on my 4648. Currently looking at MF4526 to MF4546.

Last edited:
Was just as Westchase, saw my car.

Apparently my rear passenger window button does not work, per the writing on the glass 🤷🏽‍♂️ we shall see what happens. They would not oblige to deliver my vehicle today, did not mention why. Did not figure they would, but I took a shot. The individual said he would keep trying and let me know. I imagine if I do not hear by 4PM, it is not happening. Though it would be easier to say there is a firmware hold on my VIN and be like "see yea later".

Still no indication the firmware hold is on my 4648. Currently looking at MF4526 to MF4546.
Interesting.. a male individual made a claim to me yesterday quote on quote that "ALL S's had a containment hold, just software related" (But you know.. they'll just say whatever to least anger the customer the best they can, maybe they didn't want to get your hopes up for the past who knows how long when they lowkey knew about this firmware issue from the start since they knew you so well). Sucks to hear about that rear passenger window though.. I hope the gaps and other qc issues looked good. However, I did get satisfaction getting to know my car actually exist in the lot (it gave me closure that I was finally getting my vehicle eventually).

TL:DR Best we can do is just keep providing updates so that we can all storm there once the firmware hold is lifted.

Interesting.. a male individual made a claim to me yesterday quote on quote that "ALL S's had a containment hold, just software related" (But you know.. they'll just say whatever to least anger the customer the best they can, maybe they didn't want to get your hopes up for the past who knows how long when they lowkey knew about this firmware issue from the start since they knew you so well). Sucks to hear about that rear passenger window though.. I hope the gaps and other qc issues looked good. However, I did get satisfaction getting to know my car actually exist in the lot (it gave me closure that I was finally getting my vehicle eventually).

TL:DR Best we can do is just keep providing updates so that we can all storm there once the firmware hold is lifted.
Trunk is misaligned - probably one or two turns on the bumpers. Frunk looks slightly misaligned, but I honestly am probably not going to make them mess with it. Looked at a few other S next to her and they all looked slightly similar. I will just make sure it does not rub the quarter panels upon opening. I did not check the underside of the front bumper to see if it was scratched like several others, but will upon accepting delivery.

Interior looked fantastic. No seat wrinkles. No door panel alignments. Looked like the seats just needed to be wiped down and good to go.

Guess we shall see about the rear window. I would accept it even if that part is ordered. Not like I am going to sit back there and need the window working immediately.

Yeah pretty sure it has to do with me having a Red/White
just remember, there's still March, February, January orders that haven't gotten their cars yet. I may have a VIN finally, but still no actual car. Your delivery isn't insane at this point with a RN1148 order. Especially with the backlog of white interiors, added to the fact you're getting Red which is even harder to get. you're not forgotten...you just have a RN1148 (assuming April/May? order) of Red/White.

And an off-cycle EDD update a few hours later. Now 11/29-12/3.
EDD change today to 11/26-12/2. Interestingly as I exchanged emails with my SA to communicate settlement balance he called and said his logistics system said ETA of 11/28 and suggested we set a delivery appointment. So scheduled for 11/30. He confirmed that the $2k loyalty discount / Plaid+ concession would be applied with the final paperwork.

EDD change today to 11/26-12/2. Interestingly as I exchanged emails with my SA to communicate settlement balance he called and said his logistics system said ETA of 11/28 and suggested we set a delivery appointment. So scheduled for 11/30. He confirmed that the $2k loyalty discount / Plaid+ concession would be applied with the final paperwork.
Congrats man!!! The wait is coming to an end.

just remember, there's still March, February, January orders that haven't gotten their cars yet. I may have a VIN finally, but still no actual car. Your delivery isn't insane at this point with a RN1148 order. Especially with the backlog of white interiors, added to the fact you're getting Red which is even harder to get. you're not forgotten...you just have a RN1148 (assuming April/May? order) of Red/White.
Yes i know that there are people before me. I am not talking about getting my car now. Talking about my EDD randomly jumping from Nov to Feb looking like a slap to the side. I know we will all get our cars. The problem at the end is just communication.

Excellent news :) feels like you’re emerging from the Lincoln tunnel on a Monday morning

Yes i know that there are people before me. I am not talking about getting my car now. Talking about my EDD randomly jumping from Nov to Feb looking like a slap to the side. I know we will all get our cars. The problem at the end is just communication.
Feb is good. VIN is imminent! Why do I say this?

Because I drink and I know Things!