Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was suffering from a horrible flare up of my Tesla fever that had me stop at my local SC In Westmont suburb of chicago for some relief of the fever symptoms. Staring at a couple of MS MSM and black and another black and black waiting to be delivered helped a bit.
Anyways I spoke to one of the SAs and he made a couple of comments that I didn’t know and not sure how true they are. He said that having an configuration that is not popular or far away from base configurations could actually help in where you get placed in the waiting list. He said my MSM with white is actually a better configuration than the base wait wise. What do you guys think. Also why would another person on this club has same configuration and RN as mine with exception of wheels he had 21 I have 19 gets pushed back while I am still holding on my Dec edd. My wife thinks I need therapy while waiting 😩🤦😤😡

9 months later delivery day has arrived!!! Just crossing my fingers I don’t get the “we need to delay your delivery” text today prior to delivery.

I’ve been hearing of floor mats and trunk mats/shelves missing from cars upon delivery. Anyone know exactly what items should be with the car, so I can make sure it’s all there?
A car. Four tires. Two fobs. Two key cards. License plate brackets. Floor mats. Parcel shelf. Subtrunk cover. Trunk corner saver.

CRAP!!! My EDD just moved back another 5 weeks! It's now showing Mar 10 - Apr 7! I ordered on 6/28, RN 1151, Black/White/19/FSD. WTF!!!

It had been holding steady at Dec 19-31 for over a month, and after seeing so many other people who had ordered around the same time as me getting VINs, when my EDD got pushed to Feb 1 - Mar 1, I figured it was just an anomaly and would quickly snap back to December.

The monkey is definitely slinging poo my way this morning... Not what I was hoping to see!

CRAP!!! My EDD just moved back another 5 weeks! It's now showing Mar 10 - Apr 7! I ordered on 6/28, RN 1151, Black/White/19/FSD. WTF!!!

It had been holding steady at Dec 19-31 for over a month, and after seeing so many other people who had ordered around the same time as me getting VINs, when my EDD got pushed to Feb 1 - Mar 1, I figured it was just an anomaly and would quickly snap back to December.

The monkey is definitely slinging poo my way this morning... Not what I was hoping to see!
Make sure you're comparing LR vs LR. Plaids get priority so it's not a fair comparison.

If I had to guess, I'd say this delay might be related to the white interior option. If so, this thread will get more active again!

I see that if I order a Plaid today, I can get delivery in December for all varieties with black interiors. If I want a Plaid with a white interior, the EDD is Feb... I'm sure Tesla will prioritize Plaid deliveries ahead of LR ones (especially ones like mine that were ordered when the base price was $79k).

Seems like Tesla made a pretty sizable batch of white interior LR's here recently (I've seen several forum members who ordered in May/June get VINs over the past couple of weeks). Based on these new Feb/Mar EDDs, I fear that Tesla doesn't plan to make another big batch of white interior LR's until Feb/Mar... Hope I'm wrong!

You can add another 1151 black/white to the list of pushbacks.

Yesterday morning I went from 12/20 - 12/31 to 1/8 - 2/5.
I feel like this has a silver lining. Most of us 1151 seem to be around mid january now which is promising seeing previously some were December, February, March. If we are all grouped together i feel like it is more likely the dates are accurate.