Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats to those getting their cars. The monkey may have screwed with me once too many times - my date has seemingly slipped from January to February now to March 20- April 5. I know the EQS I ordered will be here before then and I will take whichever comes first. They both have pros and cons. Tesla is pissing me off.
You ordered a long time ago so hopefully that’s the typical negative EDD adjustment right before getting a VIN.

Congrats to those getting their cars. The monkey may have screwed with me once too many times - my date has seemingly slipped from January to February now to March 20- April 5. I know the EQS I ordered will be here before then and I will take whichever comes first. They both have pros and cons. Tesla is pissing me off.
I'm in the same boat... When I originally ordered in June, my EDD was October. I got pushed back to Feb at one point, and then got a 2-week window from Dec 19-31, which seemed pretty encouraging. Since then, my EDD got pushed back to Feb, and then most recently I got pushed all the way back to Mar/Apr. So random how this is working!

I'm not really interested in anything else, and I know many other members here have waited way longer than me, so I'll just continue to plod along enjoying this forum until the Monkey decides to show me some love with a VIN... Maybe it will be a 2023 VIN ;-)

Ah was looking at your early RN, but then your 21" wheel change in late June.. so they are treating you like a late June/early July order due to that change. Seems you are falling with those dates, people with about RN1152.... etc.

Just picked up my car today in Austin Texas at around 4:15pm. No one from Tesla was there, entirely done through the mobile app. Car is awesome!

Quite a few minor defects, such as:
- paint imperfection in not very obvious areas (2)
- rubber trim where the door window meets the frame was not properly tucked in
- an exterior black trim on top of the door is offset by half an inch (will likely take it to service to fix that)
- very small piece of door trim not well tucked in (super minor frankly)
- trunk door is slightly misaligned, difficult to tell so no biggie
- scratch on the b-pillar glass, visible by the b-pillar camera

I just removed the front plate holder, and ordered a SnapPlate - looks soooo much better! Washed, waxed, and ready to be enjoyed! Software seems pretty solid so far, will report back any issues.

Wish all of you speedy and seamless deliveries.
Congratulations! Thanks to your post, I checked out SnapPlate and will be ordering one as well!!!

I'm in the same boat... When I originally ordered in June, my EDD was October. I got pushed back to Feb at one point, and then got a 2-week window from Dec 19-31, which seemed pretty encouraging. Since then, my EDD got pushed back to Feb, and then most recently I got pushed all the way back to Mar/Apr. So random how this is working!

I'm not really interested in anything else, and I know many other members here have waited way longer than me, so I'll just continue to plod along enjoying this forum until the Monkey decides to show me some love with a VIN... Maybe it will be a 2023 VIN ;-)
I have your build minus FSD. Order mid April.

Things to note about home delivery.. the car wouldn't stay locked remotely. It was unlocked the entire time when I was at work. Everytime I attempted to lock it, it would default back to unlocked after reopening the app. Must be something to do with the fobs being in there or so.

Edit: Had family able to open it without me touching the app initially, so I tried locking it, but it kept switching back to unlocked.

Last edited:
Things to note about home delivery.. the car wouldn't stay locked remotely. It was unlocked the entire time when I was at work. Everytime I attempted to lock it, it would default back to unlocked after reopening the app. Must be something to do with the fobs being in there or so.
Probably not the fobs, at least when I took delivery they still had the plastic tabs you had to pull out to turn them on. Maybe the keycard was on the phone charging space, which seems incredibly wreckless. Anyone could take the car!

Ah was looking at your early RN, but then your 21" wheel change in late June.. so they are treating you like a late June/early July order due to that change. Seems you are falling with those dates, people with about RN1152.... etc.
Yes, but when I changed the wheels it was because they were not shipping 19" wheels. Many others made the change (or other changes including color of car) around that time and did not go to the back of the line.

Friday at noon!!!!

THIS IS HAPPENING FINALLY
Congratulations @Btrflyl8e! :D

200.gif