Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is it getting ridiculous? You see the majority of people waiting 8-9 months, you ordered in May. Reading this forum especially with white seats should know it's gonna take a minute to get yours.
I am MSM and white RN1149 may order. I am still holding on my Dec range (keeping my fingers crossed). Based on the dates updates I am seeing it seems they are lining up people more the order number (for the most part). With few exceptions havent seen many 11forties pushed back into next year.

I am MSM and white RN1149 may order. I am still holding on my Dec range (keeping my fingers crossed). Based on the dates updates I am seeing it seems they are lining up people more the order number (for the most part). With few exceptions havent seen many 11forties pushed back into next year.
It's getting close for EOY deliveries for those outside of the west coast. Judging how long it's taken for my car to get itself across country (almost a month) y'all gonna need to be getting VINs very soon

It's getting close for EOY deliveries for those outside of the west coast. Judging how long it's taken for my car to get itself across country (almost a month) y'all gonna need to be getting VINs very soon
Was thinking that with our VINs we should look for personalized plates.

1637937623346.png

I’m right around the same timeframe. May 4 order in WA and holding at Dec 14-Dec 31 for several weeks now. There’s a bunch of folks in WA that are currently scheduled for a similar EDD but with very different order dates (mostly late June and July), so I’m not sure if this is some sort of region based batch building process or what. Also, for two months my SA has been saying Dec delivery, so I’m hoping she has been right all along and that I was just another annoying customer.

Still some earlier orders that haven’t been fulfilled, so I’m not sure about those.

I’m right around the same timeframe. May 4 order in WA and holding at Dec 14-Dec 31 for several weeks now. There’s a bunch of folks in WA that are currently scheduled for a similar EDD but with very different order dates (mostly late June and July), so I’m not sure if this is some sort of region based batch building process or what. Also, for two months my SA has been saying Dec delivery, so I’m hoping she has been right all along and that I was just another annoying customer.

Still some earlier orders that haven’t been fulfilled, so I’m not sure about those.
I think your vin should be imminent hopefully mine follows suit

I certainly hope so. My daily SOP is the following:

1. Wake up randomly in middle of night and refresh Tesla app - get disappointed and go back to sleep
2. Wake for real and do the same thing but this time tell myself that the app isn’t accurate and hit the “Manage” button to go to the website
3. Be disappointed but then also relieved that the date didn’t push back again
4. Repeat the refresh process throughout the day hoping that some magic will happen

I also have no idea if Tesla will try to call me at some point. Seeing how I have no idea what number they will call from and the fact that I receive tons of “potential spam” calls, I’m a bit worried how this plays out.

I certainly hope so. My daily SOP is the following:

1. Wake up randomly in middle of night and refresh Tesla app - get disappointed and go back to sleep
2. Wake for real and do the same thing but this time tell myself that the app isn’t accurate and hit the “Manage” button to go to the website
3. Be disappointed but then also relieved that the date didn’t push back again
4. Repeat the refresh process throughout the day hoping that some magic will happen

I also have no idea if Tesla will try to call me at some point. Seeing how I have no idea what number they will call from and the fact that I receive tons of “potential spam” calls, I’m a bit worried how this plays out.
I am doing exactly what you are doing but with much more frequency!!!!

Agreed. I've posted the math many times, it makes me feel better.
About 5 days to build the car. About 3 weeks to ship to the right coast. maybe a little time in between for juju and firmware holds.
I think my 12/3 EDD is bu bye.
I expect to see my EDD narrow to 2 weeks - whether pushed out or not, and then maybe some March/April nonsense for a bit, and then a VIN and a rubber band back to a near end of December, early January date.
That's what I expect.
But, this is Tesla, so anything can happen.
I can be offered a VIN and EDD very soon, if someone walks away from theirs.
It can be pushed out much further and just linger.
I have not yet seen someone hit the end of their EDD with no new date, it may have happened, I'm just not aware of it.
I have seen folks get into their EDD range where it gets stuck for a while, and I've seen folks start to touch their EDD and then it keeps slipping out of their grasp.
I'd say at this point, I'd like to see "something" just to see that the monkey remembers me.
I look at the guys with the earlier RN's and sympathize, and look at the guys with later RNs who have received their MS's with same configuration as mine, and then I get peeved.
However, as I posted last night, it amazes me the quantity that T is able to crank out when other manufacturers are shutting down, furloughing, etc. - kudos to them (and us!)

WA has a shorter window of delivery, so that VIN can come much later. You in Chicago, it'll take 2-3 weeks for it to arrive. A VIN later than the first week of Dec is gonna cut it real close for Chicago. WA could get one a week before the end of the year and still be good.

Yep I got bumped from 12/14-1/3 to 12/31-1/28 this morning.
I also got bumped this morning from 12/7-12/27 to 1/12-2/9. This is getting ridiculous!
Oh no … I know what this means! 😭 it’s like Thanos making everyone disappear/disintegrate with the snap of his fingers in the movie. 😫
Aaaannddd crap .. now my delivery date got pushed to February. Great. Spoke too soon.

Well. Original poster here. Delivery day boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. She is perfect. Will adjust the trunk on my own, but honestly not worried about it right now. Frunk has a some slight misalignment and I might mention it to a mobile service tech one day, but I want to know what it takes to fix it before they are start screwing with it. Old issues that I do not see - no front windshield distortion, no dent in the front dash, no mirror wobble.

Came loaded with mostly all the parts - missing sub trunk cover and parcel shelf. Oddly, had the corner piece 🤷🏽‍♂️ Tesla said pretty much all are missing those and I did not put up a fight to try and them from a car that has been sitting there for weeks. Mine is going to sit in the garage for a week and then PPF, tint, ceramic for a week. So I will ping them when I get closer to picking up my car from the detailer and see if they have them so that I can swing by and grab them. At that point, I am going to be driving it daily and really want those.

Came the summer tires - south Texas, really do not care. I will monitor them in the winter, but I am not in a huge rush to replace them.

For now, the wait is over and I am elated to say the least. Wife is too, she told me she never wants to hear about TMC again. So I think you guys won in that battle

More photos to come post tint, PPF and ceramic.
View attachment 736078 View attachment 736079 View attachment 736080
Congrats. Who in doing your detail work?