Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it interfere with the factory coating?
The seats clean up quite well without ceramic coating. His conclusion is pretty pointless about the value of ceramic coating since he didn’t compare the seats with and without the coating. For all we know the seats would clean up just as good or better without ceramic coating.

For the seats. I did that treatment on my M3 and I will definitely be doing it again when I get my S. Makes the seats that much easier to clean, especially if you get any dye transfer or if you have kids and/or pets
@Vinny860 which coating, the professional stuff mentioned in the video or a self application?
I wish he showed baby wipes, and I wish there was a way to differentiate areas that may have been ceramic coated versus not.
it looked like a LOT of scrubbing.
I don’t know if the ceramic helped or not.
thanks so much!

But the frauds? What about the frauds?
Well, the lack of communication during the 10-month wait was outrageous, and they flat out lied about when the car will be delivered, so I lack respect for Elon and Co. I will also note that they delivered the car three hours before my scheduled delivery period when I was not home, without any prior notice. I got a call from my front desk person that a car had been delivered (no phone call from Tesla). How these people can be so incompetent, I don’t know. The customer service is pathetic. But the car itself is very good.

Goodbye to Our Model S Athena, Hello Plaid. Picked up on Friday!
Notes: Yoke be dope, as in, I love it. I admit, I Was out of my element with both the yoke and the change in software when I left the lot.

Second drive got easier and the drive home on I-15 was a piece of cake. Yoke is much steadier and easy to use on the highway.
City streets just take a bit to get used too.

Ignore the horror stories about the yoke controls. Much easier to use and control than all the stalks behind the wheel. Left hand still occasionally reaches for the blinker stalk but touch blinkers have been flawless so far. They turn on when touched and turn off after lane change every time.

Two minor paint issues in a spot you can’t see unless you are inspecting. Also, the frunk could be adjusted about a 32nd to the right. Funny thing is, I never even thought about doing such a detailed inspection on my new cars in the past. I am sure I would have found slight issues on any of them.

Put my plates on and most folks won’t even realize we upgraded, until they see the yoke. :)
45DABCC5-835A-483D-B0D8-001C7CAC311C.jpeg

Goodbye to Our Model S Athena, Hello Plaid. Picked up on Friday!
Notes: Yoke be dope, as in, I love it. I admit, I Was out of my element with both the yoke and the change in software when I left the lot.

Second drive got easier and the drive home on I-15 was a piece of cake. Yoke is much steadier and easy to use on the highway.
City streets just take a bit to get used too.

Ignore the horror stories about the yoke controls. Much easier to use and control than all the stalks behind the wheel. Left hand still occasionally reaches for the blinker stalk but touch blinkers have been flawless so far. They turn on when touched and turn off after lane change every time.

Two minor paint issues in a spot you can’t see unless you are inspecting. Also, the frunk could be adjusted about a 32nd to the right. Funny thing is, I never even thought about doing such a detailed inspection on my new cars in the past. I am sure I would have found slight issues on any of them.

Put my plates on and most folks won’t even realize we upgraded, until they see the yoke. :)View attachment 738481
This is great. But after reading a ton of positive reviews? STILL not seeing anyone saying "the lack of ability to activate the horn via airbag is an improvement/step up/step forwards".

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I woke up this morning to a VIN! I'm one of the lucky ones whose EDD has remained pretty steady since I ordered on 8/8. The EDD was initially in October, but pushed to November and only pushed one more time (and narrowed to a 2-week window) about 5 days before I received my VIN. My EDD is now 12/5-12/8.

MS Plaid Black/White CF 21's no FSD

RN11541
VIN NF4590XX

Haven't heard from Tesla yet, but hope to have the pickup locked in soon!
EDD narrowed from Dec 2nd to Dec 8th. Yesterday I got the text/email to schedule the delivery and I selected the 10th. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!

I ordered my Plaid black on white interior just 2 weeks ago and was given an initial estimate of March 2022 delivery. Just got a text over the weekend that it’ll be ready for delivery next week!
Problem is that my current P100D that I’m trading in is sitting at the Tesla service center waiting for a new high voltage battery pack (yes mine bricked after just 55,000 miles!) and there’s no ETA on the pack.
Considering Tesla is TERRIBLE with communication and I’m getting no answers from them, if I have to pass on this VIN I wonder where that moves me in line for a new VIN?

I ordered my Plaid black on white interior just 2 weeks ago and was given an initial estimate of March 2022 delivery. Just got a text over the weekend that it’ll be ready for delivery next week!
Problem is that my current P100D that I’m trading in is sitting at the Tesla service center waiting for a new high voltage battery pack (yes mine bricked after just 55,000 miles!) and there’s no ETA on the pack.
Considering Tesla is TERRIBLE with communication and I’m getting no answers from them, if I have to pass on this VIN I wonder where that moves me in line for a new VIN?
Are you doing the trade-in through Tesla or privately? If through Tesla, can they process the trade-in while it is in service? Car is already there, they can inspect it, yada yada. And then when they get a battery, they just put it into inventory or whatever.

Is it normal that I can't make a payment for the car even though delivery is just 2 days away? Or that I haven't gotten a call from a SA?
It is odd, given you have a delivery appointment. I do not think the downpayment portal opened until I had an appointment. I would have an SA look from their end and see if they can re-open it for you.