Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Yes, that makes sense. Those things are missing. In theory, Tesla is supposed to notify me when they come in. In practice, I doubt Tesla will be able to keep track of this.
you should also have a 3rd piece for the trunk (I think) the corner storage area cover?

I have heard of people putting in service requests for the missing parts and Tesla will mail them.
Agreed, I doubt they will track it since there is no due bill agreed upon or service request created for it. Be proactive. I actually just submitted a service ticket for it since my car is in the shop for PPF, tint and ceramic. They moved the appointment from December 3rd to December 13th and changed from mobile service to a service center. No clue why, I told them I do not need service - I just need the parts. And I sure as hell do not need them to install the pieces.

Ladies and gentlemen, River (my blue nose pit) would like to introduce you to Lucifer. 20% Tint with 20" Blaque Diamond Rims (BDF-25, 20X9 in front and 20X10 rear) on Michelin Pilor Sport 4 All Season tires.
c.jpg
a.jpg
b.jpg

Posted this on the delivery thread:
Tesla delivered my car this morning. It stayed in the garage as I played golf. Made an appointment for PPF and ceramic and drove to North Phoenix. Driving for the first time at 80 mph and trying to figure out the turn signals was a bit unnerving especially when there are 7 lanes. Got if figured out with my wife following in our P85. I did not notice any distortion in the rear window, but it could have been there but not obvious at all. The windows are not getting tinted so will take a closer look when I get it back. The white interior is stunning.

The question about the amount to pay. I mentioned the FSD "discount" and said the ability to pay is not available until 2 days before delivery which includes any adjustments. It shows on the Tesla app when payment can be made. I did use the Plaid service and it took about a minute. Pretty slick.

I want to chrome the wheels but my wife likes how MEAN the car looks with the black 21's on the white. Not sold yet but the PPF people agreed with her. All gaps looked great to me and I am very happy with the car even though it sat in a Fremont lot for a month. I will not get the car until Saturday.
You may be showing your age with the chrome wheels :). If anything go black with some machine finish...Lexani or Forgiano

Seems like EDD's are moving around a lot less lately. Hopefully this is a good thing...
It may be a good thing, although in the past it seems like almost everyone's EDD stays the same for several weeks, and then a big wave comes and everyone's EDD changes significantly. My EDD was Dec 19-31 for 5-6 weeks before it went all the way back to Mar/Apr, and then fairly quickly adjusted to the current Jan/Feb. You and I ordered identical cars 2 weeks apart, and we're both in the mid-west. It's somewhat encouraging that our EDDs line up nearly exactly (my range is just 1 day behind your range, so I assume our cars will be "born" at the same time). They may be wrong, but at least they are consistent!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It may be a good thing, although in the past it seems like almost everyone's EDD stays the same for several weeks, and then a big wave comes and everyone's EDD changes significantly. My EDD was Dec 19-31 for 5-6 weeks before it went all the way back to Mar/Apr, and then fairly quickly adjusted to the current Jan/Feb. You and I ordered identical cars 2 weeks apart, and we're both in the mid-west. It's somewhat encouraging that our EDDs line up nearly exactly (my range is just 1 day behind your range, so I assume our cars will be "born" at the same time). They may be wrong, but at least they are consistent!
Agreed. I just posted on the main delivery thread, my more recent MY order has been shifting around a bunch, while the S has been rock solid for about 8 weeks now. I'm hoping that means the S will really come in that time frame or close to it, versus a massive EDD push to a bunch of us.
That also tells me (right or wrong) that there are slotted production colors, and I fall within the expected production corridor. At last that's my theory.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Agreed. hopefully we dont see more movement, i am excited for January.

I picked up my Plaid model S yesterday. I found a couple issues with dirt in the paint and some panel gaps were pretty large. The rear driver seat back leather seemed like it was loose and a bit wavy. I was just hoping that it'd get lucky and not have any issues, but it did. Of course they told me just to setup an appointment for the service center to fix the issues. I'm having PPF put on it after only driving 1 mile at normal speeds. The PPF place will do some paint correction where it needs. I setup a service appointment to work on some of the gaps and the back seat. Has anyone had success with the service center being able to fix the leather issue?
Here's a quick pic and of the seat issue.
262799137_3028681377392851_6470270496584792812_n.jpg

processed-9a30097a-f1c4-4407-809c-b85bd95f6ab3_KKyjQDSV.jpeg

I picked up my Plaid model S yesterday. I found a couple issues with dirt in the paint and some panel gaps were pretty large. The rear driver seat back leather seemed like it was loose and a bit wavy. I was just hoping that it'd get lucky and not have any issues, but it did. Of course they told me just to setup an appointment for the service center to fix the issues. I'm having PPF put on it after only driving 1 mile at normal speeds. The PPF place will do some paint correction where it needs. I setup a service appointment to work on some of the gaps and the back seat. Has anyone had success with the service center being able to fix the leather issue?
Here's a quick pic and of the seat issue.
View attachment 739906

View attachment 739907
Congrats on the car! Good color choices ;)

Tesla might attempt to steam the leather to fix the waviness out, otherwise you are probably looking at a full bench replacement as the rear seats are a single unit. Personally, do not let them tell you that is "within spec".