Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wear blue jeans pretty much every day so should be a good test to see how well it holds up :) that was my same reasoning too $30 to get some extra protection even if it is snake oil isn't breaking the bank lol. I spend more on microfiber towels 😂
Thanks again, I’ll try to stop beating a dead horse, but that is what I do. I saw they a,so have a ceramic interior detainer good for everything, vinyl, etc., and like the fabric product, polarizing reviews on Amazon. Did you do Der that one and still went for the fabric one? I saw the fabric one at least won’t make fabric crinkly, so should be fine for our vinyl, I mean, began leather.
i orderd an Ssd as it feels close. So I want my protection in hand (ahem) when it comes.
thanks again! (Also any other recommended pre-purchases appreciated!)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Thanks again, I’ll try to stop beating a dead horse, but that is what I do. I saw they a,so have a ceramic interior detainer good for everything, vinyl, etc., and like the fabric product, polarizing reviews on Amazon. Did you do Der that one and still went for the fabric one? I saw the fabric one at least won’t make fabric crinkly, so should be fine for our vinyl, I mean, began leather.
i orderd an Ssd as it feels close. So I want my protection in hand (ahem) when it comes.
thanks again! (Also any other recommended pre-purchases appreciated!)
I have both actually. The interior cleaner doesn't really talk about being hydrophobic as much as the fabric one. It talks more about dust resistance and things like that. So far both seem to be fine. Time will tell after about a month of both.

If you're crazy about your car. I'll see if I can find my purchase list of what I have for cleaning. I posted it somewhere a while ago when I was buying things in prep for this beauty to come

Edit: this is the major stuff
Master Blaster
Sun Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5 Amp Electric Pressure Washer
Simple Chuck Spotless Water System
TORQ Foam Cannon Snow Foamer

Last edited:
I have both actually. The interior cleaner doesn't really talk about being hydrophobic as much as the fabric one. It talks more about dust resistance and things like that. So far both seem to be fine. Time will tell after about a month of both.

If you're crazy about your car. I'll see if I can find my purchase list of what I have for cleaning. I posted it somewhere a while ago when I was buying things in prep for this beauty to come

Edit: this is the major stuff
Master Blaster
Sun Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5 Amp Electric Pressure Washer
Simple Chuck Spotless Water System
TORQ Foam Cannon Snow Foamer
Thanks, you’re making me regret all those thumb downs I sent your way (to be honest, mostly in retaliation!)
I’m still in the fence for PPF. Never had on prior cars.
i don’t plan to hand wash, I run my more expensive Benz through the local brushless, and I’m deciding ceramic and rinse, or car wash. Leaning towards car wash.

i did buy an Ssd, that i then cancelled, and instead bought 2 smaller extreme max sd cards, I think 256gb for sentry, and 33gb for music. The usbc/3.1 adapters we’re about $13 each, more than the music card! Also bought some 90 degree adapters for the c.

I’d love to find decent mud flaps, that may solve my back flared fender concerns
i’ll happily wait a couple of weeks for the interior protectant, again seems like a worthwhile investment though it has scattered reviews.
i have tons of wheel and leather products (leather will be a no go) and many flat repair kits. Otherwise I have to chill.
undecided about screen protector.
i also want to see more items come out on thingiverse, my design skills are miserable, but otherwise might make and print dividers where appropriate.
pretty optimistic that a vin will be dropping in a few days, mostly concerned about the 3 day window coming when I’m out of the country for week.
a buddy is willing to pick up for me and I can draft a limited power of attorney in my sleep, but there is maybe a 5% chance I’d reject the car if problems, and I don’t want to put that on him.

Otherwise, I think time for me to review the checklist and add to it, like don’t forget to set geo to raise by my driveway if even an option when it at that location, etc.
i figure after the walk around, I’d want 45 minutes to set things up, but my wife would likely drive me to The SC, and with a Krisoy Kreme 500 feet away the kids might come, so there goes any relaxed time to set up at SC parking lot.
i also need to figure out ez pass, May hold out the window until my ex pass plate tag arrives unless I order in advance…
getting excited, and feeling it is imminent!

Finally, after over a year of waiting, I finally got my car last week! Plaid, Blue/white, 19" Walnut.

Just to recap, I was originally told 4-6 weeks, then last week of December, then January, then March, then June, July, September, Got a Vin, Last week of September, lost that VIN told a couple more weeks, Then January, Then November, and finally 12/1.

It has been a hilarious clusterduck of a journey. The whole process was incredibly stressful and cost me alot of money as multiple times I moved money around to be ready for the supposed delivery.

the label "ceramic" is being almost abused by marketing of products. I even saw on the shelf at the local auto store "wheel cleaner with ceramic included".
Which is counter intuitive. If it is designed to clean dirty wheels, it cant also simultaneously provide true hydrophobic protection.

But like some guy who ran a circus years ago said: there is a sucker born every minute..

Woke up this morning to a EDD push back from Dec 30-31 to Dec 31- Jan 28. I was incredibly suspicious of the 2 day window which happens to land exactly at the end of year but this genuinely sucks, especially when others with later RN# are getting their cars. I've been told many times that this is due to the white interior or because they make things in batches (region based????).

Feels more and more like this is based on how much I'm going to pay for the car to hit a EoQ financial goal. I'm trying to tell myself that this isn't the case, but it's hard to convince myself that it's not.

Woke up this morning to a EDD push back from Dec 30-31 to Dec 31- Jan 28. I was incredibly suspicious of the 2 day window which happens to land exactly at the end of year but this genuinely sucks, especially when others with later RN# are getting their cars. I've been told many times that this is due to the white interior or because they make things in batches (region based????).

Feels more and more like this is based on how much I'm going to pay for the car to hit a EoQ financial goal. I'm trying to tell myself that this isn't the case, but it's hard to convince myself that it's not.
i think elons directive to even out deliveries rather than EOQ delivery rush that costs more is the reason this is happening to all of us. I suspect cars might be produced before end of year but delivered next quarter to be more cost effective delivery wise.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Finally, after over a year of waiting, I finally got my car last week! Plaid, Blue/white, 19" Walnut.

Just to recap, I was originally told 4-6 weeks, then last week of December, then January, then March, then June, July, September, Got a Vin, Last week of September, lost that VIN told a couple more weeks, Then January, Then November, and finally 12/1.

It has been a hilarious clusterduck of a journey. The whole process was incredibly stressful and cost me alot of money as multiple times I moved money around to be ready for the supposed delivery.
I'd be interested to hear the VIN (and also location in in NJ!) - your wooden Plaid is a unicorn. I don't know if worth more or less, or collector's item, but more scarce than the spec CF interiors.
As for blue and white, well, I'm kinda partial :)

I'd be interested to hear the VIN (and also location in in NJ!) - your wooden Plaid is a unicorn. I don't know if worth more or less, or collector's item, but more scarce than the spec CF interiors.
As for blue and white, well, I'm kinda partial :)
It's VIN 5YJSA1E68MF45XXX, I'm in Cherry hill. I actually switched it to the wood in June because my advisor said it would come faster that way. :rolleyes:

@doubleshot I finally broke open the piggy bank and bought the Chemical Guys fabric stuff. I still think it's snake oil, but if I get jeans stains on the white and didn't buy it, i'd kick myself.
and i realized, there actually is some fabric in the car - i think the door panels and of course carpeting, so, why not?
i'm also concerned I won't get floor mats at delivery, so this stuff may help a little. of course, if the carpet gets stained and THEN i get mats, well, they'd cover up the stains anyway!!!!!