Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR MSM/White/21/FSD/RN1149 in South FL. Ordered in May then updated to white interior in mid-June.

I've been stuck at "February" since the 13th. I know previously I was moving with a few other East coast June orders, have any of you seen updates?
You have my exact configuration except I ordered two months before you. EDD moved this morning from 12/28-12/31 to 12/31-1/14. I am skeptical.

RN1151 Just got my VIN today. Super excited :)
Looks like bay area folks are getting EOQ VINs now. Received my VIN (NF464) for my blue/white/21" RN1151 order today.
Already have a white/black/19" at home, which I want to sell now. But I don't have registration card for it yet. Not sure if I want 2 cars now, or defer the new one for a later date till I sell the one I have. First world problems...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
UGH. Ditto!
By the way, I stopped by the Glen Allen SC yesterday. Had at least two plaids for sale/unspoken for. SA said both were "unicorns" as both had wood vs carbon fiber. Either way, lot was full. And looks like they have officially purchased or leased the former gas station on the corner/across from the SC. I saw numbered signs installed to represent cars in line for pickup by customers
We’re they white interior? Don’t know why I’m asking, can’t imagine what discount they would have to offer to get me to bite.

WTAF! I guess those of us in the MSLR Black/White club should be happy that Tesla is pumping out that configuration now, but it is pretty annoying seeing mid-Oct orders being filled before June ones. Seems to support the suspicion that Tesla is prioritizing later orders with the higher price tags. DOH!!!
But the no FSD actually suggests the supposition is wrong as that is a pure profit center given they only flip a switch. Perhaps a rejected car at a destination with no older orders to fill? I know I've been waiting a long time and my date keeps slipping. Now 12/31-1/14; I am cautiously optimistic but getting pissed when I see things like that.

But the no FSD actually suggests the supposition is wrong as that is a pure profit center given they only flip a switch. Perhaps a rejected car at a destination with no older orders to fill? I know I've been waiting a long time and my date keeps slipping. Now 12/31-1/14; I am cautiously optimistic but getting pissed when I see things like that.
True. I ordered FSD, but will in all likelihood remove it once I get a VIN and before I take delivery. I was hoping it would make my order more attractive to fill earlier, but that hasn't really panned out. I was also fearful that something actually useful would pop up on the FSD Beta, which would cause the price of FSD to rise. That doesn't seem to be the case yet...

I know I shouldn't complain about my slow delivery when there are so many people (like you) who ordered months before I did. Did the change to your order on 6/27 move you all the way back in the order stack?

I'm hearing on the forum that Tesla is pumping out a ton of Model S's right now, and the Logistics and Overflow lots are pretty full, so I'm cautiously optimistic that my car will be heading to Nebraska after the New Year.

True. I ordered FSD, but will in all likelihood remove it once I get a VIN and before I take delivery. I was hoping it would make my order more attractive to fill earlier, but that hasn't really panned out. I was also fearful that something actually useful would pop up on the FSD Beta, which would cause the price of FSD to rise. That doesn't seem to be the case yet...

I know I shouldn't complain about my slow delivery when there are so many people (like you) who ordered months before I did. Did the change to your order on 6/27 move you all the way back in the order stack?

I'm hearing on the forum that Tesla is pumping out a ton of Model S's right now, and the Logistics and Overflow lots are pretty full, so I'm cautiously optimistic that my car will be heading to Nebraska after the New Year.
I am pretty sure the change to the wheels is what moved me back - but I changed the wheels because all of the discussions were that there were issues with the 19" wheels and they were not shipping! I just saw the flyover so I am thinking it may happen. About six weeks ago I ordered a MB EQS 580 which has a March estimated delivery. So if the Tesla does not come after a year, I may just go EQS. I drove it and it was pretty darn amazing especially on the interior. Blows away the Tesla in luxury but obviously does not have FSD or the same charging network.

I had them put my order on hold, hearing via the grapevine about a few imminent changes I’d very much like to have and I can wait a little longer.

I can’t give more info but you’ve all seen it already. Just some of the stuff that was originally supposed to be part of the refresh and didn’t make it on time.

I’m going to try to take delivery end of March.

I had them put my order on hold, hearing via the grapevine about a few imminent changes I’d very much like to have and I can wait a little longer.

I can’t give more info but you’ve all seen it already. Just some of the stuff that was originally supposed to be part of the refresh and didn’t make it on time.

I’m going to try to take delivery end of March.
Oh like the new taillights and such?

Reactions: RxVanco and B-lon