Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove the 580EQS also a couple of months ago. While it may lack the pick-up of the new LS or Plaid, it had just as much as my MS75. I loved the interior, it was quiet, and I had no issues with handling though admittedly with the salesperson in the back seat I did not take it through its paces. I ordered one with most of the bells and whistles, but was told they are also delayed and I would probably not see it until June. The dealership was ok with my statement that I would take whichever car came first and did not even ask for a deposit.
Yeah that’s fair. I just can’t get over how ugly the body design is. It looks so much like a Corolla/Kia/Hyundai and not a stunning Mercedes. They missed the mark by sacrificing style for optimal aerodynamics and thus claim to longest range.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I would bet you do have them with that mfr date if the rumors are correct.
So I’m scheduled for a home delivery Thursday from 8am-noon. The rep said this… not sure if I should cancel or roll the dice. “There is no official announcement from Tesla in regards to new Model S head/tail lights in North America. We are able to remove this VIN and cancel the order so you don't receive a vehicle with old lights, and you can place an order once an official announcement from Tesla has come out.”

So I’m scheduled for a home delivery Thursday from 8am-noon. The rep said this… not sure if I should cancel or roll the dice. “There is no official announcement from Tesla in regards to new Model S head/tail lights in North America. We are able to remove this VIN and cancel the order so you don't receive a vehicle with old lights, and you can place an order once an official announcement from Tesla has come out.”
Cancelling your order for a 15k price increase and another 10 month wait

Scheduled my at home delivery for next weekend and am patiently waiting for the day to come. For those here that are waiting on their first Tesla (like me), here’s how it’s progressed thus far:

- Last night I refreshed the App and saw 2 things change - 1) the EDD suddenly turned into a 4 day window from 10 days, and 2) there was a different message on it asking me to update the insurance because it was expired. The VIN was not on the app at this time.
- I thought this was weird so I logged into the website, where I saw the VIN. I then updated the insurance to get rid of the message in the App. Weird that it didn’t tell me to do that until now, given that my insurance information was very outdated since I put that info into the system back in May 2021.
- approximately 10-15 min later, the App showed my VIN
- this morning I received a text from the same basic number that I communicate with “my” SA, asking me to schedule delivery. Here’s the message I got, which is clearly an automated text:

“Tesla Update - Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model S for delivery.

Select your appointment now at tesla.com…..(link)”

So, in summary, I’ve received no text or communication from any specific person regarding my order. The only time an SA reached out to me proactively was 1) when I initially placed the order in May and 2) when a random SA said that my car “might arrive in Dec, which of course never happened. In case you are waiting for someone to reach out to you with an update, I guess it may or may not happen and probably depends on some factor that only Tesla knows.

Officially out now. Bought an EQS instead because i didn’t have faith in Tesla delivering. I was right. Car ordered in June. Has changed delivery multiple times. I was sitting at Jan 14- Feb 11 for over month. Today it moved to Feb 2 - March 2. I will never be back to Tesla. They completely abuse their customers. Unless you’re a plaid order they could give two flips about you. I’m not begging a company to sell me a car. The parts shortage is a bunch of BS they can build plenty of cars they just don’t care about building mine.
Uh ok bye. Enjoy your EQS. Looked like you were about to be assigned a VIN

They said I can postpone until the end of January. I’m thinking that’s probably the most sane
I ended up putting on hold through end of January. Fingers crossed this makes a difference.
Have they issued you a new VIN? I have delivery at the end of January. Did he give you any indication as to when the new lights would be coming on board?

Just went to the factory. Saw about 15 Model S built this month (exact date this month not shown on paper sitting inside car). None had new lights.

I only looked in the forward delivery lot so I am sure that all but one was from last week.

Also saw a truck go out with an S on it that had the old lights.

I did get to sit in my exact config and holy crap this car is so nice and such a step up in quality. Yoke is way wider than I expected.

(Cross post from the pinned Model S Delivery Update thread)

After a 6 months of tuning into the TMC Forum as a support group for the numerous EDD changes, I finally received a VIN and a delivery date. Assigned NF467 and scheduled a delivery on the 18th.

Coincidentally enough when I got my Model Y, my VIN was also assigned on a Saturday. I also been noticing quite a few other members getting VINs today. Will update on delivery day with some pics, issues discovered, and if rumored changes to the lights have been pushed out or not.

I know it's hard to find rhyme or reason to when you'll get your car. For me, coming in to the TMC forums once in a while to see VINs get assigned brings a glimmer of hope that you're a day closer to getting behind the yoke of a Model S.

Seeing a lot of posts about people getting VIN matched and wondering if they'll get the new lights.

Sorry for this bad news but I don't think anyone who has been VIN matched so far will be getting them. But I would love to be wrong so please keep us posted on what you end up getting!

Based on everything I can piece together from my sources and my visit to the factory lots today I think those starting next week have some chance, and by the second or third week of Feb very high.

These will probably not be retrofittable, but if you are VIN matched, the car is fantastic and you will love it. There will always be things you are a few weeks/months away from having, such is the nature of this brand!

Last edited: