Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn’t mind that at this point. Guarantees you’re getting new lights and who really wants a new car in this shitty weather anyway.
I don’t want to keep waiting in “hopes” to get new headlights. Could be months away as far as anyone knows.

And Teslas handle amazing in the snow. One of the best winter cars I’ve ever owned. Previously had a model 3

I don’t want to keep waiting in “hopes” to get new headlights. Could be months away as far as anyone knows.

And Teslas handle amazing in the snow. One of the best winter cars I’ve ever owned. Previously had a model 3
There are lots of sources that I trust saying that the switchover has already happened. These aren’t empty speculation.

There are lots of sources that I trust saying that the switchover has already happened. These aren’t empty speculation.
Fair enough, i have not seen any reliable sources myself. Of course if Tesla came out and said ”February deliveries will have new lights” then yes I wouldn’t mind as much. But I have not seen anything that makes me believe that the new configuration is going to be in February vs March vs august as far as we know. I guess I am just super frustrated that there are several people who ordered after me getting VINs vs me.

Fair enough, i have not seen any reliable sources myself. Of course if Tesla came out and said ”February deliveries will have new lights” then yes I wouldn’t mind as much. But I have not seen anything that makes me believe that the new configuration is going to be in February vs March vs august as far as we know. I guess I am just super frustrated that there are several people who ordered after me getting VINs vs me.
My car is on a train and I should be taking delivery in a week. I ordered nine months ago. Do I want updated lights, of course. Am I willing to risk that my build won’t take months to occur again if I reject this car… no way. Your sentiment resonates with me. There just aren’t enough assurances to make risking the unknown nature of that decision tenable. There is no doubt that I will one day regret this but that will be in hindsight and with the memory of this horrendous delivery experience well behind me.

If you haven't done so, call your SA to switch your financing to cash and select no trade in so your order is marked as complete and awaiting delivery. (You can do financing and trade ins once you get a VIN) I got VIN matched in a week after doing that, granted my order was from over a year ago now.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
If you haven't done so, call your SA to switch your financing to cash and select no trade in so your order is marked as complete and awaiting delivery. (You can do financing and trade ins once you get a VIN) I got VIN matched in a week after doing that, granted my order was from over a year ago now.
I’ve had those settings in place since June and still waiting on a VIN.

If anyone is interested in a 2022 White/White 21s configuration - my EDD is now in a 2 week window and vin is imminent. I’m going to resell it given I ended up taking a Plaid at year-end.

If anyone is interested in a 2022 White/White 21s configuration - my EDD is now in a 2 week window and vin is imminent. I’m going to resell it given I ended up taking a Plaid at year-end.

Based on my experience and pretty much everything else I've read on this forum, a 2 week window doesn't necessarily mean a VIN is imminent. If you have other reason to believe it's so, then so be it, but just putting this out there for fair warning. Every time I've seen a VIN go out it's usually preceded by a shortening to a 4 or 6 day window, then VIN follows almost immediately. I've had 2 week windows dating back to Oct 2021 - four of them - and all have ended up moving right and/or getting lengthened.

Then again, you're pre-price raise so it wouldn't be surprising if you're very close. It seems whatever blockage was there forcing few VIN releases has been cleared, and they're really flowing now. GL with your sale.

Based on my experience and pretty much everything else I've read on this forum, a 2 week window doesn't necessarily mean a VIN is imminent. If you have other reason to believe it's so, then so be it, but just putting this out there for fair warning. Every time I've seen a VIN go out it's usually preceded by a shortening to a 4 or 6 day window, then VIN follows almost immediately. I've had 2 week windows dating back to Oct 2021 - four of them - and all have ended up moving right and/or getting lengthened.

Then again, you're pre-price raise so it wouldn't be surprising if you're very close. It seems whatever blockage was there forcing few VIN releases has been cleared, and they're really flowing now. GL with your sale.
Correct a 2 weeks window means nothing. I went from 2 weeks to 1 week to 4 days to 2 days window and each time it push it out after that. I’m now at a new 3 week window.

I sure hope I get the new lights. I don’t mind waiting at this point. Still got my 2006 Acura TL to take me around

Correct a 2 weeks window means nothing. I went from 2 weeks to 1 week to 4 days to 2 days window and each time it push it out after that. I’m now at a new 3 week window.

I sure hope I get the new lights. I don’t mind waiting at this point. Still got my 2006 Acura TL to take me around
Yep I know. I’ve had 20 different EDD’s in the past 8 months. Time will tell. But I’m holding the reservation in case anyone wants my car.

You just don't know that's true so don't get anyones hopes up.
If anyone wants this to be a sure thing, you have to put your order on hold as I have. Only until you actually see these going out to customers first can you be 100%.

With that being said, I don't recommend other people actually put a hold on their car. There'll be other updates coming to the S, as with every Tesla, always. It is a fantastic car and you'll love it.

This will be my third Tesla and have learned that it is just that there is always something to look forward to in your next car.