Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE:
My service advisor said I may have been bumped from February to May because my profile was not complete. I had selected a trade in but never finished uploading pics. I removed the trade in from my account and now my profile is complete. He said that should repriortize my order.

As an idea, people who are close to delivery but want to delay could try the reverse as a stall tactic. Select trade in but don’t finish uploading pics.
Just checked and my trade in section is marked complete (no trade in). The only thing pending in my profile is payment.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So it really does seem random as to whether people got bumped to May/June or not? That sucks. I am really hoping I get moved back up to Feb as I've already began preparations of selling my current vehicle.
most of us here have learned to not do anything until we see a VIN. This I understand makes things much harder to prepare but better to be safe than sorry. I sold my car on the 10th and have been waiting since then but it was also a good thing to sell it then since it takes about 20-30days for me to get the title... Don't bank with TD bank if you don't want to get screwed.

So it really does seem random as to whether people got bumped to May/June or not? That sucks. I am really hoping I get moved back up to Feb as I've already began preparations of selling my current vehicle.
I was bumped from February to May/June and had not completed my trade in as well. I just spoke to Tesla CS and he stated that Tesla now prioritizes based on order date and not the completeness of your profile. I sure hope that's truly the case... I just switched my trade in to no trade in at all.. as he stated once you obtain the vin then they will ask for your trade in again. I'm crossing my fingers this EDD gets brought back also!

I was bumped from February to May/June and had not completed my trade in as well. I just spoke to Tesla CS and he stated that Tesla now prioritizes based on order date and not the completeness of your profile. I sure hope that's truly the case... I just switched my trade in to no trade in at all.. as he stated once you obtain the vin then they will ask for your trade in again. I'm crossing my fingers this EDD gets brought back also!
Completeness of profile is probably a factor, but I don’t know that you should believe this statement about “now prioritizes by order date and not the completeness of your profile” since I don’t think these have anything to do with each other. Said differently, they weren’t prioritizing by order date despite the profile being complete, so the two are independent.

That being said, they could finally be prioritizing by order date, but others on this thread would probably disagree with that statement. Don’t believe what a rep tells you because they simply don’t know and will provide you with anything they think you want to hear.

Last edited:
Seeing my January EDD coming I changed my profile to Loan from Cash and got approved. Now my date is May. I’m going to go back to Cash. Now this might be just an urban legend but how else to explain what seems to be unexplainable.

Got an automated email from my local SC today. First couple lines are the initial part of the email, which included a link to learn about the 3/Y. (I have an S on order. With no VIN assigned yet)

We are excited for your upcoming delivery!

To help prepare for delivery, we have included a walkthrough of our pick-up process:

Get to Know Your Model 3/Y​

Last edited:
dang... ok, let us know if you get moved back up to Feb!

i am in NOVA area and got VIN
RN1151**
NF468***
delivery window feb first week

tesla is asking me to pay the remaining balance in full before taking delivery. how can i pay without looking at the car first
also, i need to convert to loan. i set cash payment just to avoid keep updating loan info
please guide
Got my VIN today… NF468
I called Tesla and asked to change from Cash to finance/ they updated it in seconds….

Received a 467 VIN this past Fri night and scheduled delivery for yesterday. I had an EDD of Feb 5 - Feb 18 when the VIN was assigned. Picked up the car yesterday and haven't found anything wrong with it yet. Fit and finish looks perfect and everything just works. Delivery experience was great - car was washed and ready when I got there. It would have taken only 10 mins to accept delivery if I didn't spend extra time inspecting everything.

Attachments

• 20220124_115800.jpg
    20220124_115800.jpg
    931 KB · Views: 85