Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up the car on Wednesday (hopefully!) and I have half a tank left in my old car. I really don't want to have to go to the gas station one last time before trading it in. Guess I'll be using the wife's car this weekend!
Nostalgia should make you wanna pump gas one last time. :)

Lights have been started :)

PXL_20220219_204900842.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220219_205236976.jpg
    PXL_20220219_205236976.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 46
Man you are going to make a fortune giving folks rides, you just need some of these (filled of course)

View attachment 771385
Hmmm that's gonna be a great addition :)

Though I just discovered the USB ports don't turn off. Poop. Gonna have to find another solution. I've got to search for another 12V option that's switched. Maybe something under the wireless chargers will be 12V and switched.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hmmm that's gonna be a great addition :)

Though I just discovered the USB ports don't turn off. Poop. Gonna have to find another solution. I've got to search for another 12V option that's switched. Maybe something under the wireless chargers will be 12V and switched.
I remember someone posting about their DIY led light project and there was a 12 or 14V switched connector either below the dash by the brake pedal or under the glove box - I don't remember which. Maybe a search will find it.

• Helpful
I remember someone posting about their DIY led light project and there was a 12 or 14V switched connector either below the dash by the brake pedal or under the glove box - I don't remember which. Maybe a search will find it.

This is great news! I'm picking up my VIN 471 next week (black/white/19s), and am really hoping that it is a good build! It's encouraging that other 471s seem to be pretty solid.
I came from a 90D. Wife has LR Y with accel boost. I’ve owned AMG’s and BMW //M cars before.

This? The model s LR? ENTIRELY different level of acceleration. And best car sound system I’ve ever experienced.

Picked up my LR vin 471 today. White/white 19’s. Ordered June 10 2021.

Literally flawless. I’m still looking for issues but can’t find any.
Day two. The only "flaw" is drivers side where bumper meets fender. Its maybe..1-2mm difference in height between the two pieces than passenger side. Nothing that I plan to list as an issue or even attempt to adjust myself. Its just so not noticeable or really an issue. I've gone over every other trim piece, panel, etc, and the car is perfect. No rattles, no squeaks, nothing loose, zero wind noise, I cant detect any sort of drivetrain vibration at any speed. Maybe I just havent given it enough time to complain yet.

Im adjusting to the yoke, but its not BETTER than a round wheel to me. Just different. My wife on the other hand, not only loves it, wants me to install an aftermarket yoke in her Y. UGH. Turn signals will take adjusting to . Wish it were still a stalk, but, whatever at this point.

Main things Im noticing are all the engineering and build improvements since my 2017 S. Suspension better, brakes feel much firmer/less mushy pedal like my 2017 S had (even after I had thoroughly bled/flushed the brake fluid on that one). I can tell the notable improvements that have gone into the refresh drivetrain overall. Lot of coin to drop on a depreciating asset, but at this point...100% worth it. the 2017 S was very, very good. This is one significant notch up from that.