Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S with Plaid badge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To anyone who has recently taken delivery of a 2021 Model S LR, did it come with a Plaid badge on the trunk lid? We picked up our LR on 9/26/21 and it does have the Plaid badge. The people at Tesla Vehicle Support have told me that all Model Ss now come with the Plaid badge but I have trouble believing that. Please let me know either way what your experience has been. Those folks who dropped the extra $40,000 would undoubtedly be unhappy to hear that they no longer have that distinctive difference identifying their superior machine. The weight of our car falls half way between the weights listed for the 2 models and I can't find a way to visually see the motor/motors in the rear.
Beasts

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
If I had a Plaid, I'd be ripping the badge off. There is enough Tesla hate out there without spinning some people up even more. Not to mention I like cars that are sleepers. More fun to think it is just a long range and run them with your Plaid.

At the same time, if you need a badge to get some sort of recognition from others, you had a pretty rough life growing up and have issues buying a Plaid isn't going to help you with.

This is not my choice here! I'm simply stating what happened, but I'm quite certain that most of those people with Plaids are neither ashamed nor concerned regarding what other people think. And this has nothing to do with what kind of life I had growing up! Terribly off topic. I simply want to know whether the information I am getting from Tesla regarding all Tesla Ss including the LRs having a Plaid badge is true. Yes, that is what I have been told. I didn't ask for it and don't much care one way or the other but I don't like being lied to if that is the case. I am just asking if anyone else has recently received their new S LR with a Plaid badge because that is what I have been told is now Tesla's normal procedure by people at Vehicle Support. Personally I think that would be ridiculous but at least 2 of their representatives have said precisely that. It would also be helpful if people who have taken delivery since 9/26/21 of an S LR which has not had the Plaid badge would simply let me know. Simple enough.

To anyone who has recently taken delivery of a 2021 Model S LR, did it come with a Plaid badge on the trunk lid? We picked up our LR on 9/26/21 and it does have the Plaid badge. The people at Tesla Vehicle Support have told me that all Model Ss now come with the Plaid badge but I have trouble believing that. Please let me know either way what your experience has been. Those folks who dropped the extra $40,000 would undoubtedly be unhappy to hear that they no longer have that distinctive difference identifying their superior machine. The weight of our car falls half way between the weights listed for the 2 models and I can't find a way to visually see the motor/motors in the rear.
Beasts
Most likely an error when they produced your car. There was one other report of this happening a while back. I think the guy did a quick 0-60 run and determined it was indeed a LR with a Plaid badge. Don’t trust anything Tesla representatives tell you, they are usually clueless.

I haven’t seen a single LR with a Plaid badge, so I'm tempted to call bs on this post...
I suppose I could include a picture of our car but you could still call bs if you chose since, as another poster mentioned, I could have purchased and installed a badge myself. I may be naive but I can't think of a good reason why I would play such a petty and ridiculous game. Please, tell me how I can convince you I am telling the truth.

Most likely an error when they produced your car. There was one other report of this happening a while back. I think the guy did a quick 0-60 run and determined it was indeed a LR with a Plaid badge. Don’t trust anything Tesla representatives tell you, they are usually clueless.
If in fact this was an error why not just say so instead of offering up this, what seems to be, an obvious lie? In my experience you are correct, Tesla employees know very little beyond what can be found in the owner's manual, but why try to make up for that by making up something which, as far as I can tell, is untrue?

If in fact this was an error why not just say so instead of offering up this, what seems to be, an obvious lie? In my experience you are correct, Tesla employees know very little beyond what can be found in the owner's manual, but why try to make up for that by making up something which, as far as I can tell, is untrue?

What Tesla does is pathological and defies logic most times.

Reactions: jm404
I mean… I have the long range refresh and I put the space balls plaid badge that was included on the original 25 cars delivered on my car because, well I think it looks cool and I’m a big fan of spaceballs.

So far, no one has made the connection and thinks it’s a plaid, but it still beat my friends model 3 performance to 120mph on his families landing strip.

So far, no one has made the connection and thinks it’s a plaid, but it still beat my friends model 3 performance to 120mph on his families landing strip.
It should be beat the M3P to 60 by at least a car length or more. The M3P does 0-60 in 3.1 which is the same claimed time as the MYLR. The difference is the M3P's time is adjusted for rollout. So basically add .2 -.3 seconds to compare apples to apples.

So that would put you at 3.1 vs ~3.4 0-60 and an even bigger difference in the 1/4. I tested several M3P's with dragy and the best I saw with 100 SoC for a M3P was 3.33. Normally the ones I ran were clocking 3.38.-3.43. These runs were all on the street, same location and all over 90% SoC.

So it will be close to 60 if running a M3P but you should win every time unless you have a very low SoC and they are topped off. From 60 on up, all the runs I've seen so far on the LR, it would it should pull it quite easily.

Another point to note is the MS LR's times should be less impacted by driver weight and cargo. Not saying they won't be impacted but should be significantly less than the M3P's times.

• Informative
Reactions: Tforme and aerodyne
IDK, the Model Y came with one.

1635174359676.png

It should be beat the M3P to 60 by at least a car length or more. The M3P does 0-60 in 3.1 which is the same claimed time as the MYLR. The difference is the M3P's time is adjusted for rollout. So basically add .2 -.3 seconds to compare apples to apples.

So that would put you at 3.1 vs ~3.4 0-60 and an even bigger difference in the 1/4. I tested several M3P's with dragy and the best I saw with 100 SoC for a M3P was 3.33. Normally the ones I ran were clocking 3.38.-3.43. These runs were all on the street, same location and all over 90% SoC.

So it will be close to 60 if running a M3P but you should win every time unless you have a very low SoC and they are topped off. From 60 on up, all the runs I've seen so far on the LR, it would it should pull it quite easily.

Another point to note is the MS LR's times should be less impacted by driver weight and cargo. Not saying they won't be impacted but should be significantly less than the M3P's times.
Yeah the 0-60 was faster by a bit, but then I really started to pull away over 60.

I have this fantasy that when (or if) my MS LR ever comes, that someone screws up and erroneously gives me a Plaid that they forgot to add the badge to the hatch. I don't even care about the different seats if they give me the Plaid tri-motor chassis. I know I will wake up at some point but that would be a nice reward for waiting up to 11 months for a car (based upon the current estimate).

No Plaid Badge on 2021 Model S I got 10/1/21.
Same thing happened to me! Easy fix:

😂

Reactions: aerodyne