Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See for yourself... I would not have rejected delivery for a subset of these, but the whole accumulation scared me off (and I was so eager to drive it before inspecting it!...)

1. The whole front bumper was not correctly assembled.
2. Rocker panels not aligned on front; they aligned fine on the back - rocker panel not long enough?
3. Loose undercoats of the wheel wells (a plastic nut even fell from one of them), the cover of the trunk well also didn't fit (could not put it in place!).
4. Hood plastic not assembled (didn't try to put it in place, but maybe easy fix).
5. Taillights... omg where do I start... Excessive glue, dirt behind the taillight, left black cover not mounted properly (right one was OK), I almost could cut my finger with the exposed metal...
6. Interior was dirty (and they told me the car had just left the detailer)
7. Door seals were loose, you could almost take them off easily with a simple pinch.
8. And finally the overall quality of materials is much poorer than what I expected compared to my friend's 2017 Model S (pre-Raven), like the seats feel plastic instead of being leather; I guess I now know firsthand where the cut in prices comes from.

View attachment 600059 View attachment 600060 View attachment 600061 View attachment 600062 View attachment 600063 View attachment 600064 View attachment 600065 View attachment 600066 View attachment 600067 View attachment 600068

Well this is awful. Made me feel like our MSP was acceptable with a few under paint defects and uncleaned interior.

M

• Funny
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
It's not uncommon for the first few vehicles off the assembly line in a new model line to have some issues. Use a co-inspector and have a plan. Practice beforehand on your car, itemizing defects. Compare notes with your co-inspector.
I wouldnt call the model s a “new model” and they’ve had more than a few vehicles roll off the assembly line by now.
That vehicle is pure garbage, plain and simple. For them to try and push it off on a customer is just more proof of Tesla employees not giving a damn. They only care about delivering a vehicle, whether or not that vehicles is in good condition is irrelevant to them.