Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model X Driver Height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am about to place an order for the 2021 X Long Distance . There are no Tesla showrooms near my house . It would be a 8hr round trip . My wife has concerns regarding the driver height . She does not want to feel like she is driving on the ground. We ready about the suspension adjustments that could be done but it appears with “Raven” you can no longer tell the X to remain in High or Very High (set speed yourself) Now if you go over 35mph it will go from Very High to High & when you hoe over 45 it goes to standard height . I did not see any specs on “driver seat height “ off the ground in the different suspension modes . Does anyone have any information on this or just an overview on how the X compared to other SUV’s in regard to driver height ? Thanks very much !

I am about to place an order for the 2021 X Long Distance . There are no Tesla showrooms near my house . It would be a 8hr round trip . My wife has concerns regarding the driver height . She does not want to feel like she is driving on the ground. We ready about the suspension adjustments that could be done but it appears with “Raven” you can no longer tell the X to remain in High or Very High (set speed yourself) Now if you go over 35mph it will go from Very High to High & when you hoe over 45 it goes to standard height . I did not see any specs on “driver seat height “ off the ground in the different suspension modes . Does anyone have any information on this or just an overview on how the X compared to other SUV’s in regard to driver height ? Thanks very much !

I have a 9/20 built 2020 model X and a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, my wife and I both have no problem with the ride height on the X. Very similar to the Jeep. Even in very low at highway speeds I don’t have any issues with the ride height.

Reactions: wipster and X-pilot

I went out and took a measurement for you. The suspension is at standard height and the seat is set for my preference (5'8"). My measurement is 27.5 inches from the ground to the top of the side bolster. If I raise the seat to it's highest position, the measurement increases to 29 inches. Keep in mind the side bolster is 2 or more inches above the flat seat height. Just for comparisons, my Subaru Outback measures 25.5 inches to its side bolster for my preferred position. You don't really want to drive the X for any extended length of time above the standard position. Those two positions are for special circumstances when you need the extra clearance to keep from scraping on a curb, rock or snow berm. Here is a photo if you would like to check the measurement on the car she currently drives.
20201018_165426.jpg