Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model X improved cabin noise?

Richbot

Oct 16, 2020
STL
I think highway road noise/tire slap is quite pronounced on the contis, but wind noise on mine is basically nonexistent. It's very obvious when there's a road surface change. Maybe a byproduct of the slippery aero, don't know, but I really don't notice much of any wind noise on our 11/20 build 2021, just the tires. At low speeds.

It fades into the background but if you go from near-silent sub-30mph roads to the highway quickly, as I frequently do, it's a very obvious change.

mohanman

Dec 3, 2016
Michigan
Update! So I swapped out these Continental Sport tires for some Pirelli Scorpion A/S + with Tpsportline black rims and my impressions:
1) noise.. about the same. Noisy car, maybe 5% improved with the Pirelli
2) ride comfort.. absolutely better, no more continentals for me. My neck would be aching constantly.. yes I just got the new tires this am, but neck so far so good! Its not ad jarring or rough like the continentals
3) I think they are more efficient but need more time

Hope this helps someone.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj

mohanman

Dec 3, 2016
Michigan
Update! So I swapped out these Continental Sport tires for some Pirelli Scorpion A/S + with Tpsportline black rims and my impressions:
1) noise.. about the same. Noisy car, maybe 5% improved with the Pirelli
2) ride comfort.. absolutely better, no more continentals for me. My neck would be aching constantly.. yes I just got the new tires this am, but neck so far so good! Its not ad jarring or rough like the continentals
3) I think they are more efficient but need more time

Hope this helps someone.

Ok even tho my new tires are much better, im not 100% sure, but Im pretty sure my wh/mi has increased signiicantly, over the past week Im hitting 410-430 I think that is new

TeeeeeeDub

Jun 16, 2020
SoCal
My 11/20 build that i picked up two weeks ago is noticeably quieter than the 1/20 build that I took home for an overnight test drive. However, my X is still not super quiet. At least not as quiet as I would like.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC