Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model X Long Range Plus vs 2020 Model X Long Range Plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I'm back hope to learning more from you.

I'm trying to see if it's worth it to get 2021 Model X Long Range Plus from the Tesla official website or get a 2020 Model X Long Range Plus from a local dealership (NY area), would like to see if there's a significant difference between the two?

Thanks a ton!

Depending on how late the 2020 build is. it could just the same as the 2021s. 2021s have rev H battery pack. which gives new EPA range of 371 miles.
Late 2020s (build 09/20 might have rev H batteries too) will give the same EPA.
That's the biggest difference between the MYs. If you get from Tesla used, you can find out what battery pack it is based on the EPA numbers given on the web site. I highly doubt the local dealer will be able to help you identify the battery pack revision.

If the discount is huge, then there's no reason not to get the 20s, if range is not a concern. The extra 20 miles is a not a deal breaker, but does come in handy on road trips.

-ThinkMac-

Reactions: VikH
It doesn’t seem like the 371 mile range cars are getting any better real world highway range than the 351 mile range cars. It seems based on various data that it’s more a regen advantage and maybe a charge rate advantage

Depending on how late the 2020 build is. it could just the same as the 2021s. 2021s have rev H battery pack. which gives new EPA range of 371 miles.
Late 2020s (build 09/20 might have rev H batteries too) will give the same EPA.
That's the biggest difference between the MYs. If you get from Tesla used, you can find out what battery pack it is based on the EPA numbers given on the web site. I highly doubt the local dealer will be able to help you identify the battery pack revision.

If the discount is huge, then there's no reason not to get the 20s, if range is not a concern. The extra 20 miles is a not a deal breaker, but does come in handy on road trips.

-ThinkMac-
My X has H battery. I received VIN on 9/20. I picked up on 9/22

• Helpful
Reactions: jb401
It doesn’t seem like the 371 mile range cars are getting any better real world highway range than the 351 mile range cars. It seems based on various data that it’s more a regen advantage and maybe a charge rate advantage

Charge rate increases came with the G pack, so doubt it. Maybe the increase to 371 came from removing the regen settings ;)