Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model X, Monroney Sticker Range Increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my basic question: is battery larger than 100Kwh? Its hard for me to believe you get from 296 to 371mi range just by efficiencies alone
I highly doubt it, increase from 295 to 351 was due to new front motor (from model 3), more efficient electronics, better lubrication, etc. We have no idea yet how the range (might) go up to 370 miles. So far no new battery type beyond "H".

Reactions: fbitz777
Right, that's likely the "G" version of the battery pack. Mine showed the same when I picked it up this June; with 12,000 miles on the odometer, it's since drifted down to 351. So awesome - I'm thrilled.
Correct, I just checked. Car was built 8/2020 and battery is "G".

Bummer... Can't believe I missed the 2021 model because of 2 weeks. I hope at least we get a software update for extra range.

I highly doubt it, increase from 295 to 351 was due to new front motor (from model 3), more efficient electronics, better lubrication, etc. We have no idea yet how the range (might) go up to 370 miles. So far no new battery type beyond "H".

That G or H just tells when the pack was made (month). For all we know G and H are the same. G is when the new wiring came.

Correct, I just checked. Car was built 8/2020 and battery is "G".

Bummer... Can't believe I missed the 2021 model because of 2 weeks. I hope at least we get a software update for extra range.

I don’t think you missed anything, the car was likely updated already in June. This could be what @verygreen reported as new ‘efficiency package’ that started shipping in June along with the G pack.

No, the G and H are revision letters, not production dates.

That would be news to me - a while back I found a decoder and it seemed to say these are just production month codes. I guess I have to go find it to see if it was lying.

Note: the last thing we have heard to change was when the G pack came, the new wiring. Moreover, the letters here match production months nicely, don't they?

Could be the key to cracking The Elonian Calendar!

Hmm, no. My impression was that A=January; B=February; C=March; D=April; E=May; F=June; G=July (my car matches this); H=August.. and the whole shebang starts over next year.

I think @verygreen had E, also delivered somewhere around that time, no? H would logically be the one shipping now. Since all of these match, it was just a guess from my side that this is what it means. That, and I found one decoder that was clearly assuming the same thing. But, maybe indeed this was a wrong assumption.

Hmm, no. My impression was that A=January; B=February; C=March; D=April; E=May; F=June; G=July (my car matches this); H=August.. and the whole shebang starts over next year.

I think @verygreen had E, also delivered somewhere around that time, no? H would logically be the one shipping now. Since all of these match, it was just a guess from my side that this is what it means. That, and I found one decoder that was clearly assuming the same thing. But, maybe indeed this was a wrong assumption.

Not sure which calculator you found, but battery rev's very definitely track differences in battery evolution / technology, sometimes linked with an evident performance difference, or less obviously some esoteric change of more relevance to Tesla rather than owners. No cyclical / month based nature.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Hey dilemma. I have an x on order w plan for delivery saturday w an L vin. Worried I wont be getting a 2021 w increased range. Whatre rhe options. I already paid tesla the downpayment on the loan and uploaded the sticker but havent taken delivery. Is it possible to tell them I dont want this one and wait for a 2021 version?
Anyone w experience on the above? Thanks.

I also just ordered X LR+ a few days ago. This is now bothering me. I would be so pissed if I missed by a few days. Im' curious why we haven't seen more post about this longer range in the wild, even though it probably just started delivery this. As far as I can tell, there's only been single instance.

congrats on the 2021! What was your order date? I ordered mine 9/30 so just curious, thanks

I placed the order on 9/23. Like many others, I waited until after "battery day" in the hopes that there would be an announcement of a refreshed model X and S with a larger battery pack. At the time I placed the order, Tesla estimated that the wait could be as long as 9 weeks. I was very surprised that we received a vin within a week. My best guess is that someone ahead of me in the que cancelled their order and I got their car, but I have no way of knowing. Luckily, my car has the version H pack, and at this point, no one knows if there is any difference between the version G pack and H pack. Tesla's parts catalogue lists the H pack as a 100 kwh pack, so that probably kills the idea that the H pack has a larger capacity. The Monroney change may be nothing more than Tesla/EPA accounting for the efficiency changes to the car over the past year. So far, I like everything about our new X and I plan to put together a video for my youtube channel with my thoughts regarding the changes between my 2017 X100D and our new X Long Range +. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2wvsRxfdtcWSAeVLyN1Lg

Reactions: VikH
I placed the order on 9/23. Like many others, I waited until after "battery day" in the hopes that there would be an announcement of a refreshed model X and S with a larger battery pack. At the time I placed the order, Tesla estimated that the wait could be as long as 9 weeks. I was very surprised that we received a vin within a week. My best guess is that someone ahead of me in the que cancelled their order and I got their car, but I have no way of knowing. Luckily, my car has the version H pack, and at this point, no one knows if there is any difference between the version G pack and H pack. Tesla's parts catalogue lists the H pack as a 100 kwh pack, so that probably kills the idea that the H pack has a larger capacity. The Monroney change may be nothing more than Tesla/EPA accounting for the efficiency changes to the car over the past year. So far, I like everything about our new X and I plan to put together a video for my youtube channel with my thoughts regarding the changes between my 2017 X100D and our new X Long Range +. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2wvsRxfdtcWSAeVLyN1Lg
I ordered same day. Was your vin tenth digit an L or M?