Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model X Order Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wheel change: When I made my reservation in January 2021 I ordered the 22" turbine wheels (+$5,500), mostly because I didn't like the look of the chrome 20" cyberstream rims that were included. Now they've made a dark colored 20" cyberstream ..wheel available as a standard option. When tried to change my order I was notified I'd be subject to the new MSRP ($5,000 more than when I placed my order) and was told that changing my order may result in losing my place in line for vehicle delivery?

Vehicle delivery: As mentioned above I made the reservation in January with initial estimated delivery of April. It was changed to September and remains there on my account page. I still don't have a VIN assigned and when I called the local sales office I was told the updated delivery estimate for my model X is April/May 2022! I confirmed that this was for my order placed in Jan 2021 not for a newly placed order and he said yes. I'm majorly disappointed if this is true and Tesla has not notified us. Especially since they've increased the MSRP and stopped offering free supercharging etc.

When I ordered the 2021 Model S Plaid the Fremont Plant made a mistake and put the 20" with ZR tires on it. They may do the same for your X which allows the 200mph or 163 for the X. The S Plaid with standard tire can only be programed for 180mph... depends how fast you want to go? We sold the S Plaid after a month and re-ordered an X Plaid with a delivery date of January... we will see.

Wheel change: When I made my reservation in January 2021 I ordered the 22" turbine wheels (+$5,500), mostly because I didn't like the look of the chrome 20" cyberstream rims that were included. Now they've made a dark colored 20" cyberstream ..wheel available as a standard option. When tried to change my order I was notified I'd be subject to the new MSRP ($5,000 more than when I placed my order) and was told that changing my order may result in losing my place in line for vehicle delivery?

Vehicle delivery: As mentioned above I made the reservation in January with initial estimated delivery of April. It was changed to September and remains there on my account page. I still don't have a VIN assigned and when I called the local sales office I was told the updated delivery estimate for my model X is April/May 2022! I confirmed that this was for my order placed in Jan 2021 not for a newly placed order and he said yes. I'm majorly disappointed if this is true and Tesla has not notified us. Especially since they've increased the MSRP and stopped offering free supercharging etc.I
I also ordered mine late Dec 2020 /early Jan 2021, and when I checked the status of my delivery date recently...there's nothing available. Before this, it stated a delivery date of December, so not sure what to expect : /

We ordered in Feb with many changes. Our recently updated for Delivery in Jan of 2022. We also called and they stated since we ordered early and it was a 6 seater I could expect Dec-Mar timeframe. After that call a week later it updated to Jan of 2022. We will see. They are focused on the 6 seaters.

We ordered in Feb with many changes. Our recently updated for Delivery in Jan of 2022. We also called and they stated since we ordered early and it was a 6 seater I could expect Dec-Mar timeframe. After that call a week later it updated to Jan of 2022. We will see. They are focused on the 6 seaters.
I ordered my MX Plaid in July and have just been updated on estimated delivery window — Jan 2022 👍🏼
13D75110-7D50-42DD-A390-FDD740B15559.jpeg

Reactions: JD T