Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model X Tire Pressure Display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I just got a new 2021 Model X, and I can't find where to display the tire pressure? I read before you could find it under "Car Status" using the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel, but when I scroll, I don't see any "Car Status" to select. Maybe I have newer software? Can anyone direct me to where to find the tire pressure for all 4 tires? Thank you!

So I need to be driving first to see the car status? I've long pressed the right scroll wheel, but I see fan speed, and other things, but no car status. I long pressed the left scroll wheel, but it only controls music it seems? I have 2020.48 software.

So I need to be driving first to see the car status? I've long pressed the right scroll wheel, but I see fan speed, and other things, but no car status. I long pressed the left scroll wheel, but it only controls music it seems? I have 2020.48 software.
RTFM. Can be displayed on either side (left/right)

To choose what displays on the left
side of the instrument panel, hold the
scroll button briefly until the available
options are displayed. Roll the scroll
button to choose Empty, Car Status,
Clock, Media, Energy, Trips, etc. When
the option you want is highlighted,
tap the scroll button.
Note: The option you choose to
display using the left scroll button is
retained until you manually change it.
It is also saved in your driver profile.
Note: Car status displays information
such as status of doors and trunks,
and on newer model vehicles, the tire
pressure measurements.

I had to look it up too, so don’t feel bad. The design is not nearly as intuitive on the X as it is on the 3/Y, which is on Tesla. Once you figure it out as mentioned above, it’s easy. But on the 3/Y it’s easy to find without having to read the manual or googling it.

There's even less of an excuse not to RTFM because it exists digitally and contains searchable text. It took me about 15 seconds from a blank browser page to find the answer to this question online
Browser screen? Online? The manual is right on the first or second screen (or are you suggesting that the manual button is just a link to the online manual?) I’ve always just assumed that the latest version of the manual downloads to the vehicle with each software upgrade and could still be accessed even when out of cellular and WiFi range.

Attachments

• 181531F4-2778-474F-9628-DDD7DBFDED06.jpeg
    181531F4-2778-474F-9628-DDD7DBFDED06.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 956
  • Informative
Reactions: tps5352
Browser screen? Online? The manual is right on the first or second screen (or are you suggesting that the manual button is just a link to the online manual?) I’ve always just assumed that the latest version of the manual downloads to the vehicle with each software upgrade and could still be accessed even when out of cellular and WiFi range.

If you google "Tesla Model X manual" you will find the most up to date manual hosted on the Tesla website as the first result. You can search the document for specific words to make finding your specific issue in the manual easier. No need to go in to your car to look something up if you are at home. It's all there, ready to be looked at within seconds from your computer/phone/tablet. This is true for basically any modern consumer appliance, by the way.

I had to look it up too, so don’t feel bad. The design is not nearly as intuitive on the X as it is on the 3/Y, which is on Tesla. Once you figure it out as mentioned above, it’s easy. But on the 3/Y it’s easy to find without having to read the manual or googling it.

I will go a step further and you should be able to simply ask the car and it should display the reading. Not sure why this is not one of the voice commands.

Reactions: Bentesling
If you google "Tesla Model X manual" you will find the most up to date manual hosted on the Tesla website as the first result. You can search the document for specific words to make finding your specific issue in the manual easier. No need to go in to your car to look something up if you are at home. It's all there, ready to be looked at within seconds from your computer/phone/tablet. This is true for basically any modern consumer appliance, by the way.
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_x_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

• Informative
Reactions: tps5352