Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Y Long Range 7 seats Factory Tow, acceleration boost and more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DayTrippin

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2021
TX
We are putting our beloved Model Y up for sale. It has been an awesome vehicle but my wife wants something smaller so we ordered a 3.

Car is in excellent condition with a lot of nice upgrades. In the photos are the Martian forged wheels but I am putting the factory19" Geminis back on it.

Factory ordered options are:
Dual motor AWD
7 seats
Factory tow package

Before the car was even driven home, it had Xpel paint protection film (PPF) with a 10 year warranty put on the entire front of the car (excluding windshield). So the lights, fog lights, hood, front bumper, mirrors, front fenders and a-pillars are protected from most rocks and bugs. I also had them do along the lower door creases where rocks are most likely to kick up. The paint was corrected for any major issues before the film was put on. The protection film is self healing in warm sunlight. Most issues take care of themselves when left in the sun.

Then the entire car was ceramic coated including all the windows and lights. While at the shop top of the line Xpel ceramic window tint was put on all the windows other than the roof. The interior seating areas and door panels were ceramic coated as well. Car has never gone through an automatic car wash. The ceramic coating makes it easy to clean.

It has a screen protector put on and Maxpider floormats (best brand for the car). It has upgraded cup holders, door pocket inserts, center console organizer, under seat cubby and other nice upgrades you'll notice in the car. This is the 2021 newer version that has the double pane front windows which are quieter but not the Ryzen CPU.

Very little supercharger use (1 trip) so there is no battery degradation. I never charge it over 70% on a daily basis nor let it get too low to preserve the battery.

It also has the optional Tesla acceleration boost. If you were looking for something like the Model Y Performance but needed more seats, this is what you are looking for. This car will give your friends the Tesla grin when you take them for a ride. This is an upgrade directly from Tesla that gives you a lot better performance AND you maintain your warranty! No impact to the range either when driving normally.

This has been awesome car and I hate to see it go. Asking $68,000. Title is free and clear. No accident history. Very well maintained. The car is located in Dallas, TX. I never thought we'd be selling the car so did the tint, paint protection film and all the other upgrades with the intent to keep it long term.

Attachments

• IMG_1691.jpeg
    IMG_1691.jpeg
    826.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2798.jpg
    IMG_2798.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1692.jpeg
    IMG_1692.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2790.JPG
    IMG_2790.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2791.JPG
    IMG_2791.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2795.JPG
    IMG_2795.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2797.JPG
    IMG_2797.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: tryangles
Adding an updated photo. The Geminis are back on. Also easier to see how well the ceramic coating improves the shine too. The worst thing about getting your car ready to sell is it reminds you why you wanted it so much in the first place. I don't remember if I made it clear enough in the original post, the front windshield is tinted as well. It is a very light tint but with excellent heat rejection.

IMG_2820.jpg

Thanks for your interest. It has about 5500 miles at the moment. No HomeLink as I use something that integrates with my smarthome and I use my phone or another interface. It does have mud flaps.

Some of the other things it has are:
Cell phone holder with eyeglass shelf that slides over the sides of the screen. Easy to remove and keeps the phone at a good height for navigation if you want.
High quality front window shade.
Inserts to extend the rear cubbies in the trunk.
Shelf/tray that attaches to the steering wheel so you can work while stopped somewhere when charging.
Key card holder.

There are a lot of things like this I did to the car that I am likely not remember but I am sure my wife would looking at our ordering history. ;-) She thinks I overdid it a bit.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Car is outstanding condition and has been garaged all of its life when not on the road.

I am reducing my price to 67k. I got a really solid wholesale offer but if I can sell it for more than they offered, likely a win/win for whomever buys the car. I am sure they'll turn around and offer it for more than I am asking based on the current market conditions. If it wasn't for my wife, I'd be holding on to this car. This one actually had really quality control done before it left the factory.