Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Y Long Range -- too many accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not vetted everything on this list. Someone asked me to post it so here it is. Caveat Emporium. I do not have any product affiliations but I believe TMC will convert my links to TMC affiliate links. The YouTube links usually have reviews and discount codes. The final items without links are from the Tesla store. Things I've tried, even for a short time, and seem to work are marked with a "+". Everything I've tried has seemed to work just fine. Things I highly recommend (the sunshades) get two pluses. Other items may well deserve two pluses but I haven't had enough time with them yet. My general experience has been that less expensive versions from Amazon are just fine and may well be identical to more expensive versions. I have no affiliation with any of these products. I encourage you to shop around. I apologize in advance for broken links.

Interior
floor mats YouTube
roof sunshade YouTube ++
Windshield sunshade ++
pedal pads (for accelerator and brake)
white seat cover (stitching is yellow and it does not fit around the headrest) +
screen protector
console organizer
cup holder insert
touch screen swivel mount YouTube
back set cover for dogs (does not work in hammock mode. Yet) +
travel cup trash holder

Exterior
door seal kit
mud flaps +
wheel and lug caps
wide angle side mirrors
skid plate

Other
key card covers
jack point pucks
car cover YouTube
paint touch-up kit
14-50 adapter
14-30 adapter

Last edited:
BTW: the Basenor roof sunshade came with four strong magnets (each about the size of a quarter) and some double sided adhesive pads. You can adhere two of the magnets to the roof and use the other two to clamp the sunshade to the first set in order to greatly reduce or eliminate sag in the middle. I plan to see what happens to the sunshade when the back windows are open and I may try to use the magnets to keep the shade from flapping in the breeze. I thought the magnets were a clever solution to the sag problem.

@RatsFPV, I admit there is tremendous redundancy in these accessory lists. I was hoping this list would have a little something for everyone. I haven't seen the wide angle side mirrors or the skid plate show up in most other accessory lists. Also, the white seat cover was fairly inexpensive and doesn't cover up any air bags. My plan was to use it as a courtesy when I drop off the car to my mechanic or the detailing shop.

Reactions: RatsFPV
BTW: the Basenor roof sunshade came with four strong magnets (each about the size of a quarter) and some double sided adhesive pads. You can adhere two of the magnets to the roof and use the other two to clamp the sunshade to the first set in order to greatly reduce or eliminate sag in the middle. I plan to see what happens to the sunshade when the back windows are open and I may try to use the magnets to keep the shade from flapping in the breeze. I thought the magnets were a clever solution to the sag problem.

@RatsFPV, I admit there is tremendous redundancy in these accessory lists. I was hoping this list would have a little something for everyone. I haven't seen the wide angle side mirrors or the skid plate show up in most other accessory lists. Also, the white seat cover was fairly inexpensive and doesn't cover up any air bags. My plan was to use it as a courtesy when I drop off the car to my mechanic or the detailing shop.
Any residue from the magnet adhesive? Are you worried about getting it off in the future?

Reactions: BitJam
I have not vetted everything on this list. Someone asked me to post it so here it is. Caveat Emporium. I do not have any product affiliations but I believe TMC will convert my links to TMC affiliate links. The YouTube links usually have reviews and discount codes. The final items without links are from the Tesla store. Things I've tried, even for a short time, and seem to work are marked with a "+". Everything I've tried has seemed to work just fine. Things I highly recommend (the sunshades) get two pluses. Other items may well deserve two pluses but I haven't had enough time with them yet. My general experience has been that less expensive versions from Amazon are just fine and may well be identical to more expensive versions. I have no affiliation with any of these products. I encourage you to shop around. I apologize in advance for broken links.

Interior
floor mats YouTube
roof sunshade YouTube ++
Windshield sunshade ++
pedal pads (for accelerator and brake)
white seat cover (stitching is yellow and it does not fit around the headrest) +
screen protector
console organizer
cup holder insert
touch screen swivel mount YouTube
back set cover for dogs (does not work in hammock mode. Yet) +
travel cup trash holder

Exterior
door seal kit
mud flaps +
wheel and lug caps
wide angle side mirrors
skid plate

Other
key card covers
jack point pucks
car cover YouTube
paint touch-up kit
14-50 adapter
14-30 adapter
i got the floor mats from Tasmanian, can tell that they are really good quality! Grippy rubber not plasticky at all, Got the Spigen screen protector too.

Reactions: BitJam
I ordered Nema and I got fedex tracking number. But the item is still not handed over to FedEx yet. It's been like this for a week.
I had the same problem with the paint touch up kit. It was a big pain. They totally ignored my emails. I was finally able to get in touch with a good SA (named Sierra in Colorado Springs). She contacted the right people and it got resolved the next day. I also suggest trying the chat app on the web site.

I had the same problem with the paint touch up kit. It was a big pain. They totally ignored my emails. I was finally able to get in touch with a good SA (named Sierra in Colorado Springs). She contacted the right people and it got resolved the next day. I also suggest trying the chat app on the web site.
Chat app rep was useless, he just said send email to [email protected]. I sent email to them so far no response. My SA never returns calls. I am stuck.

I understand Tesla cannot deliver vehicles on time, it's not acceptable even the accessories....

Chat app rep was useless, he just said send email to [email protected]. I sent email to them so far no response. My SA never returns calls. I am stuck.
Sorry to hear the chat app was a no-go. I never had an SA. I called the main number (or maybe the Colorado Springs number) and got someone at random. Most people say they can't help. When I finally got my issue resolved the email came from the address above so I don't have a special sauce email address to give you.

I was given the option of having my item shipped again or having the order cancelled and getting a refund. I imagine it might be the same with you so if you need the nema, you should be able to just order a 2nd one and then when a competent human finally answers the phone, cancel your first order.

If you want, if you send me your order number in a private message (or whatever they are called here), I will send it along in reply to the email thread where I got my issue resolved. It's a long shot but it might be less frustrating for you than getting the Tesla run-around.

Getting totally blown off and feeling like there was no recourse was so infuriating! You have my sympathy. I recently posting the following in another thread:

We will know Tesla has serious competition when their customer service rises up to the level of mediocre.