Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MODEL Y OUT IN EUROPE

PVADER23

Aug 13, 2021
corona

For any one wondering what the 2021 Tesla Model Y Updates will be, this review shows a few upgrades made to next years model.m

2021 MODEL Y

things I noticed:

NEW HEADLIGHTS
TRIM CHANGE ON INSIDE DOOR PANELS / Took away white leather. on the doors and added a panel

Last edited by a moderator:

srlawren

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada, Eh?
things I noticed:

NEW HEADLIGHTS
TRIM CHANGE ON INSIDE DOOR PANELS / Took away white leather. on the doors and added a panel

@PVADER23 well, yes and no. First of all, your thread title is misleading, since the euro release is a 2021 model year not 2022.

And to those changes: the new headlights are already on North American Model Y but only the Performance models so far, and on all North American Model 3s. Allegedly they may be coming to the Model Y long range here as well at some point but nobody knows for sure, or when.

The updated door panels are also already in North America on 2021 Model 3s: First Tesla Model 3 with new wood door trim delivered in the US, and it comes with a surprise [Update], as well as all the made-in-China Model 3s and Ys. Most assume they will come to the MY in NA as well, but again nobody knows for sure if and when.

PVADER23

Aug 13, 2021
corona
@PVADER23 well, yes and no. First of all, your thread title is misleading, since the euro release is a 2021 model year not 2022.

And to those changes: the new headlights are already on North American Model Y but only the Performance models so far, and on all North American Model 3s. Allegedly they may be coming to the Model Y long range here as well at some point but nobody knows for sure, or when.

The updated door panels are also already in North America on 2021 Model 3s: First Tesla Model 3 with new wood door trim delivered in the US, and it comes with a surprise [Update], as well as all the made-in-China Model 3s and Ys. Most assume they will come to the MY in NA as well, but again nobody knows for sure if and when.
Actually a Couple people here in Southern California already have the new headlights on their model Ys. Saw them down here at fashion Island in Newport.

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
Bjorn is live streaming his Model Y testing. He REALLY doesn't like the suspension (harsh ride) and swapped out the 19" wheels with aftermarket 18". Its improved, but he still doesn't like it. Just imagine if he had the P with stiffer suspension and bigger wheels. o_O

Remember that he had the first gen Performance 3. He really loved the latest MIC 3 SR+.

srlawren

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada, Eh?
Bjorn is live streaming his Model Y testing. He REALLY doesn't like the suspension (harsh ride) and swapped out the 19" wheels with aftermarket 18". Its improved, but he still doesn't like it. Just imagine if he had the P with stiffer suspension and bigger wheels. o_O

Remember that he had the first gen Performance 3. He really loved the latest MIC 3 SR+.

@mark95476 technically it's not his MY, it's on loan from leasing company Kjøp og salg av EL-Bil i Norge | Marcusbil AS to test. I haven't seen his take on the suspension yet but I'd have to agree with him, it's harsh on the LR w/ 19" wheels for sure. Ours is slowly softening a little but still jostles enthusiastically over every road imperfection and--God forbid you should encounter any--speed bump 🤖

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
He's planning a long road trip to Croatia so he needs to get the MY sorted otherwise it'll be miserable.

@mark95476 technically it's not his MY, it's on loan from leasing company Kjøp og salg av EL-Bil i Norge | Marcusbil AS to test. I haven't seen his take on the suspension yet but I'd have to agree with him, it's harsh on the LR w/ 19" wheels for sure. Ours is slowly softening a little but still jostles enthusiastically over every road imperfection and--God forbid you should encounter any--speed bump 🤖

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
Thomas' follow-up including driving on the autobahn.

Key driving specifics take-aways from me
- Very nimble and handles like a go kart, but suspension can be improved
- He was testing 20" and recommended stock 19"
- 225 kph/120 mph top speed is easy attained and feels planted
- Very inspired and sporty acceleration (compared to German vehicles with M, AMG, or RS badges), even in the LR AWD
- Efficiency is excellent, range is good, even when driving like a German
- Drivers really need to pay attention to passengers in EVs, especially with nimble Teslas, as they'll get motion sick

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC