Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MODEL Y OUT IN EUROPE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

For any one wondering what the 2021 Tesla Model Y Updates will be, this review shows a few upgrades made to next years model.m

2021 MODEL Y

things I noticed:

NEW HEADLIGHTS
TRIM CHANGE ON INSIDE DOOR PANELS / Took away white leather. on the doors and added a panel

Last edited by a moderator:
things I noticed:

NEW HEADLIGHTS
TRIM CHANGE ON INSIDE DOOR PANELS / Took away white leather. on the doors and added a panel

@PVADER23 well, yes and no. First of all, your thread title is misleading, since the euro release is a 2021 model year not 2022.

And to those changes: the new headlights are already on North American Model Y but only the Performance models so far, and on all North American Model 3s. Allegedly they may be coming to the Model Y long range here as well at some point but nobody knows for sure, or when.

The updated door panels are also already in North America on 2021 Model 3s: First Tesla Model 3 with new wood door trim delivered in the US, and it comes with a surprise [Update], as well as all the made-in-China Model 3s and Ys. Most assume they will come to the MY in NA as well, but again nobody knows for sure if and when.

@PVADER23 well, yes and no. First of all, your thread title is misleading, since the euro release is a 2021 model year not 2022.

And to those changes: the new headlights are already on North American Model Y but only the Performance models so far, and on all North American Model 3s. Allegedly they may be coming to the Model Y long range here as well at some point but nobody knows for sure, or when.

The updated door panels are also already in North America on 2021 Model 3s: First Tesla Model 3 with new wood door trim delivered in the US, and it comes with a surprise [Update], as well as all the made-in-China Model 3s and Ys. Most assume they will come to the MY in NA as well, but again nobody knows for sure if and when.
Actually a Couple people here in Southern California already have the new headlights on their model Ys. Saw them down here at fashion Island in Newport.

Bjorn is live streaming his Model Y testing. He REALLY doesn't like the suspension (harsh ride) and swapped out the 19" wheels with aftermarket 18". Its improved, but he still doesn't like it. Just imagine if he had the P with stiffer suspension and bigger wheels. o_O

Remember that he had the first gen Performance 3. He really loved the latest MIC 3 SR+.

Bjorn is live streaming his Model Y testing. He REALLY doesn't like the suspension (harsh ride) and swapped out the 19" wheels with aftermarket 18". Its improved, but he still doesn't like it. Just imagine if he had the P with stiffer suspension and bigger wheels. o_O

Remember that he had the first gen Performance 3. He really loved the latest MIC 3 SR+.

@mark95476 technically it's not his MY, it's on loan from leasing company Kjøp og salg av EL-Bil i Norge | Marcusbil AS to test. I haven't seen his take on the suspension yet but I'd have to agree with him, it's harsh on the LR w/ 19" wheels for sure. Ours is slowly softening a little but still jostles enthusiastically over every road imperfection and--God forbid you should encounter any--speed bump 🤖

He's planning a long road trip to Croatia so he needs to get the MY sorted otherwise it'll be miserable.

@mark95476 technically it's not his MY, it's on loan from leasing company Kjøp og salg av EL-Bil i Norge | Marcusbil AS to test. I haven't seen his take on the suspension yet but I'd have to agree with him, it's harsh on the LR w/ 19" wheels for sure. Ours is slowly softening a little but still jostles enthusiastically over every road imperfection and--God forbid you should encounter any--speed bump 🤖

Thomas' follow-up including driving on the autobahn.

Key driving specifics take-aways from me
- Very nimble and handles like a go kart, but suspension can be improved
- He was testing 20" and recommended stock 19"
- 225 kph/120 mph top speed is easy attained and feels planted
- Very inspired and sporty acceleration (compared to German vehicles with M, AMG, or RS badges), even in the LR AWD
- Efficiency is excellent, range is good, even when driving like a German
- Drivers really need to pay attention to passengers in EVs, especially with nimble Teslas, as they'll get motion sick