Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Y P Demo Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 Model Y P demo reservation for sale. Less than 1,000 miles on vehicle, but sold as new from Tesla. Standard build, but has tow hitch. Asking $1,000, includes $250 order fee and $750 time spent. Looks like delivery location is Camarillo, CA. I attempted to pickup post 1/1/2022, but that doesn't seem like an option.

Any takers? Just got the txt that they will cancel my delivery by 12/16. Boo hoo.

It used to be that Tesla would allow a hold on an inventory order (my M3SR+ is proof of that - late March hold even) but now they are outright canceling orders if you don't accept the inventory order.

Once it is canceled... the car just goes back into into inventory pages for somebody else to pick up for $250. These are snatched up via Discord channels.

How does $750 sound to transfer? That includes the $250 order fee which I already paid and $500 more.

Honest question - why would anybody pay an extra $500? Especially for a demo and one that they could grab off the inventory after your order is canceled? And that has to be picked up at a specific SC and no other location (they don't transport demos at end of quarter).

• Informative
Reactions: UCF3 and annetoneyo

Demos are popping every day. I could have bought two separate ones in FL if I wanted one (waiting for Austin build or possible tax credit).
You can also follow @TeslaInv on Twitter and you can see how many inventory cars appear daily.

• Informative
Reactions: UCF3 and voxel