Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Y w/ Tow Package, Car side connector won't power, trailer mode indicator is red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just sort of inhereited a cool little 6 x 10 trailer. I slapped a new LED light kit on last night, and tried to use the light connector (for the first time with this car) but the car won't power it.

I put a multimeter on it, no juice at all, to any of the blades. Also, there's this weird connector hanging down right above the 7 pin...

Any thoughts on this y'all? Any idea what the weird hangy down thing is?

Attachments

• hangy down thing.jpg
    hangy down thing.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 182
I just sort of inhereited a cool little 6 x 10 trailer. I slapped a new LED light kit on last night, and tried to use the light connector (for the first time with this car) but the car won't power it.

I put a multimeter on it, no juice at all, to any of the blades. Also, there's this weird connector hanging down right above the 7 pin...

Any thoughts on this y'all? Any idea what the weird hangy down thing is?
When I got my MY with tow package, Tesla forgot to appropriately hook up the tow electronics so my 7 pin was DOA.

I had to make a service appointment to have it resolved. If your trailer requires a brake controller, make sure you get them to give you the pig tail adapter while you’re there. It is supposed to come with the vehicle, but it doesn’t.

Reactions: EBMyCH4
When I got my MY with tow package, Tesla forgot to appropriately hook up the tow electronics so my 7 pin was DOA.

I had to make a service appointment to have it resolved. If your trailer requires a brake controller, make sure you get them to give you the pig tail adapter while you’re there. It is supposed to come with the vehicle, but it doesn’t.
Could you post a picture of the pigtail adaptor please