Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Y West Coast Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GildedVines

2021 MYLR Pearl White/White | 5 seats | 19” Wheels
Aug 19, 2021
Napa Valley
Hey, decided to start a thread for the great group of West Coast Y-ers from the waiting rooms! Let’s post about pros, cons and whatever issue comes to mind about your new Model Y!

First up for me are accessories: ordered rubber floor/trunk/frunk mat set from Tesmanian, a 240V adapter for faster charging and a paint touch up kit to have handy for rock chips and minor scratches. HomeLink will be installed this morning by a mobile Tesla tech (wish this was an option to include at ordering). Anything else I’m missing out on and NEED to have?! 😆😁

Last edited:
Hey, decided to start a thread for the great group of West Coast Y-ers from the waiting rooms! Let’s post about pros, cons and whatever issue comes to mind about your new Model Y!

First up for me are accessories: ordered rubber floor/trunk/frunk mat set from Tesmanian, a 240V adapter for faster charging and a paint touch up kit to have handy for rock chips and minor scratches. HomeLink will be installed this morning by a mobile Tesla tech (wish this was an option to include at ordering). Anything else I’m missing out on and NEED to have?! 😆😁
Thanks for creating this new chat room. I also purchased floor mats from Tasmanian. So far so good. Debating on mud flaps. Also looking to change decals to black. Any suggestions?

Reactions: GildedVines
Thanks for creating this new chat room. I also purchased floor mats from Tasmanian. So far so good. Debating on mud flaps. Also looking to change decals to black. Any suggestions?
I also ordered from Tasmanian! It should be arriving today, I didn't get mud flaps, because my husband said..."is it because you drive in the wet muddy road?. I did order the roof sun shade, the next day after I picked up my car it was relatively warm in orange county, ca. The car got up to 102! I now have it set if it goes above 90, the AC kicks on. I have my PPF appointment as soon as the service department fixes the curb rash and replaces the front bumper, it's a shade lighter and there's a good deep cut below the headlight. SA said it'll get fixed. Just odd that it's a whole shade lighter than the entire car. I am wondering if they had the front replaced during one of the demo, since I got a demo car. I am also getting tint...Didn't get homelink so I just put the garage clicker on the visor for now LOL

I also ordered from Tasmanian! It should be arriving today, I didn't get mud flaps, because my husband said..."is it because you drive in the wet muddy road?. I did order the roof sun shade, the next day after I picked up my car it was relatively warm in orange county, ca. The car got up to 102! I now have it set if it goes above 90, the AC kicks on. I have my PPF appointment as soon as the service department fixes the curb rash and replaces the front bumper, it's a shade lighter and there's a good deep cut below the headlight. SA said it'll get fixed. Just odd that it's a whole shade lighter than the entire car. I am wondering if they had the front replaced during one of the demo, since I got a demo car. I am also getting tint...Didn't get homelink so I just put the garage clicker on the visor for now LOL
Yep, I’m generally pleased with the Tasmanian product. The back seat floor mats are sticking out some…hope it’ll go flatten some after more use. I’m gonna wait on the mud flap too. Reading a lot of paint chip complaints so was just wondering. I guess living in CA has its perks or pain…sunny days but no water……

Reactions: GildedVines
So HomeLink install was kind of a disaster today. Service tech was an hour later than the latest time slot in my service window and once he got the product installed, he wasn’t able to pair it with our garage door. It was kind of frustrating! Still isn’t working after playing around and trying to troubleshoot it a bit tonight. So I’m stuck with the old school clicker for now lol. Will report back if/when we can get it up and running with more time and messing around with it! 😬

I’m definitely considering the sunshade or tinting later on when the weather warms up again.

My husband found a paint flaw about 1.5” circle on the front passenger side fender near the camera that my dad thinks is burned clear coat. I asked about that today when the tech came out and he said I could file a new service claim and it would be covered with a loaner vehicle, but it’s so hard to already think about not having my car for a while!

• Informative
Reactions: PB FUTED
So HomeLink install was kind of a disaster today. Service tech was an hour later than the latest time slot in my service window and once he got the product installed, he wasn’t able to pair it with our garage door. It was kind of frustrating! Still isn’t working after playing around and trying to troubleshoot it a bit tonight. So I’m stuck with the old school clicker for now lol. Will report back if/when we can get it up and running with more time and messing around with it! 😬

I’m definitely considering the sunshade or tinting later on when the weather warms up again.

My husband found a paint flaw about 1.5” circle on the front passenger side fender near the camera that my dad thinks is burned clear coat. I asked about that today when the tech came out and he said I could file a new service claim and it would be covered with a loaner vehicle, but it’s so hard to already think about not having my car for a while!
Update: hubby messed around with getting HomeLink to sync with our opener by climbing on a ladder and pushing some buttons on the actual unit itself. We didn’t think it worked last night, but lo and behold, he popped the frunk this morning to try to re-sync the remote with the car and something finally clicked. Interesting that the instructions never mentioned having to pop open the car and basically touch the garage remote to it directly, but hey, whatever works! It’s pretty cool having the system work. You can program how many feet away you want the garage door to automatically open once the car senses “home” and other fun features like that. I did notice that Tesla upped the price by $25 since I purchased it a few months back. Now I’m just waiting on my floor mats and charging adapter to arrive. Tomorrow I think!

Ordered my MYLR on 09/02/21. Grey, white interior and black rims. My EDD has been all over the place, first in Nov, then to June '22, then to Dec 28-31st and now out to Jan 2 to Feb 2. Gets really old too especially when you get your loan in place thinking "trusting" that those dates are real, then having the loan approval expire after 2 months and finding me taking another hit on my credit just to not lose my place in line! Our M3SR was delivered in weeks when we bought it June 2020.

This is our second Tesla and have already shopped for all my goodies and now they are just sitting in the garage staring at me!

Update: hubby messed around with getting HomeLink to sync with our opener by climbing on a ladder and pushing some buttons on the actual unit itself. We didn’t think it worked last night, but lo and behold, he popped the frunk this morning to try to re-sync the remote with the car and something finally clicked. Interesting that the instructions never mentioned having to pop open the car and basically touch the garage remote to it directly, but hey, whatever works! It’s pretty cool having the system work. You can program how many feet away you want the garage door to automatically open once the car senses “home” and other fun features like that. I did notice that Tesla upped the price by $25 since I purchased it a few months back. Now I’m just waiting on my floor mats and charging adapter to arrive. Tomorrow I think!
I know this is old, but just in case other people have issues... I had this exact issue with one of my garage doors not syncing with the Tesla, even tho the other door synced fine... It turns out I needed to replace the battery in my clicker... The clicker battery was strong enough to activate the door by itself, but it wasn't strong enough for the Tesla to be able to sync with it... It looks like you had the same issue, which may be why it worked when you opened your frunk and touched it with your clicker.

Reactions: flstcgranucci