Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Year Refresh: Owners' Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reminds me of a time I took my previous car, Cobalt SS Turbo, to Chevy service because there was about an inch of water in the headlights anytime it rained. The tech said “it’s normal, happens to my girlfriend’s car too.” About a month later there was mold growing inside my headlights on the lens and condensation on the inside of the lens would dim the headlights making it nearly impossible to see at night 😂😂

3 service visits later, BBB complaint, and a conversation with corporate service, Chevy replaced the headlights under warranty (which the car was still within bumper to bumper).
Well, the new refreshed S has tail light water issues intrusion issues as well. Junk.

Well, the new refreshed S has tail light water issues intrusion issues as well. Junk.

Yep, can confirm, on my own! Yay, thanks, Tesla! And for those looking at buying a new Model S, you too can have misaligned tail lights and condensation intrusion in the winter! YAY, again!

Attachments

• IMG_1674.jpeg
    IMG_1674.jpeg
    640.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Informative
Reactions: Ramphex and jebinc
Reminds me of a time I took my previous car, Cobalt SS Turbo, to Chevy service because there was about an inch of water in the headlights anytime it rained. The tech said “it’s normal, happens to my girlfriend’s car too.” About a month later there was mold growing inside my headlights on the lens and condensation on the inside of the lens would dim the headlights making it nearly impossible to see at night 😂😂

3 service visits later, BBB complaint, and a conversation with corporate service, Chevy replaced the headlights under warranty (which the car was still within bumper to bumper).

But they didn't break anything else on your car? I'd say you did better, than some...

Last night after playing Witcher, I rebooted the car as usual.

I had a dream that despite this, the car would not got to sleep, ever. In the dream, I made a list of everything wrong and every missing feature, and went to the SvC to demand action. They told me, "we can't fix these things, but we can give you your money back."

Then, I woke up.

Today, I see in the App that my delivery window for the MX that I ordered in May, has started.

Guess I'll drive down to Burbank store and make half the dream true, before cancelling the MX order.

" Won't be fooled three times"

They did lol. Getting annoying wind noise now at medium/high speeds coming from the triangle glass area. Wasn’t an issue before replacing that side view mirror for the second time
Take a look at the rubber seal around that glass. Even tape it up around the glass to narrow it down as the culprit (likely is). With all the other shenanigans with my 2021, I had that window replaced under warranty for wind noise. Had to have it re-tinted, which was annoying...