Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Year Refresh: Owners' Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I would like to see what you guys think of the latest holiday update which likley comes with Steam. However owners of 2021 S/X reffresh like me will be disappointed because sounds like steam unlikely to work...

1670968664689.png

If I remember correctly, On the delivery day, we were shown Cyberpunk 2077 working on the 2021 Tesla,

Here is the link to that.

but now it seems like Steam is only available on the 2022+ model with 16GB DDR Memory. I believe the 2021 S/X refresh have 8 GB of RAM.

With that said Also, not to forget the missing screen tilt motors...Some of us reserved the vehicle when that language was still on the order page.. and than they removed it after the fact...

I believe Tesla should make this right for people with 2021 model years and provide us with the RAM required for Steam to function at-least.

Last edited:
I'm curious where the cut off is. I got my 2022 Model S Plaid in early December 2021. Yeah I'm not a fan of not having the tilted screen, but I got a lower price on my car and a really low rate.

I'm waiting in FSD jail so I won't be able to tell about steam. Will see soon enough....
They started installing 16gb RAM in mid Feburary I believe

Whaaaa? That's the first I'm hearing of it. What?!

If it's true that 2021 refresh owners are screwed here, just... wow.
Yeah, I feel the same way its not cool on tesla part to show us something and promise it on delivery day and only to switch later,

I hope I am wrong and they do offer us retrofit at-least for the Additional ram needed to run this Steam...

Ok that’s twice you’ve specified rumors. Are you a Tesla rep or what?

I don't work for Tesla, all the info I have is from things posted publicly. Check out @greentheonly on Twitter. He has a handful of recent Tweets about this situation.

He suggested several times that Tesla will (likely) offer retrofits to enable Steam on 2021/early 2022 Model S/X

Extremely upsetting. Between this and the tilting screen, I think we have a class action on our hands. I know for a fact both were advertised when I ordered the car.

Missing out on the updated tail lights, charge port, and matrix headlights suck as well, but those weren’t advertised.

Also I checked out greentheonly tweets. Nowhere does he confidently say for sure we’re getting a retrofit. A lot of “I suspect” and “maybe”