Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Year Refresh: Owners' Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last thing I was told from them was, it would be an out-of-pocket pay of $1900 plus tax installedView attachment 887642
I was quoted $2300 for the same thing yesterday. They said it’s not free because I purchased a car with 8GB not 16GB not their fault for not purchasing one with 16GB. But they could not get 16GB at that time anyway due to parts shortages. I wish they would at least say that at the time of sale. “You can pick the car up now with 8GB but you won’t be able to have full functionality until you pay $2300 for an upgrade in the future or just wait until 16GB becomes available”
Then I would be able to decide either to wait or not.

I worry if I just purchase it now I will have low chance of getting the money back if there is some settlement later.

For $2300 I can just buy 3 steam decks for the kids to play in the car.

I was quoted $2300 for the same thing yesterday. They said it’s not free because I purchased a car with 8GB not 16GB not their fault for not purchasing one with 16GB. But they could not get 16GB at that time anyway due to parts shortages. I wish they would at least say that at the time of sale. “You can pick the car up now with 8GB but you won’t be able to have full functionality until you pay $2300 for an upgrade in the future or just wait until 16GB becomes available”

I worry if I just purchase it now I will have low chance of getting the money back if there is some settlement later.

Yeah, I definitely should have waited and refused delivery. The 2021 was a pile of *sugar*.

Terrible headlights, all sorts of broken stuff that took forever to get fixed... Still stuck with vibrating half shafts...

Up until this update there was no way for a customer to know or need to care. Seems like they are talking out of both sides of their mouth on that one.

Reactions: Plaid21 and Ramphex

Tell them this, The car back in 2021 on delivery day was showcased playing CyberPunk2077 being played where is that title ? Where is Witcher which was on the order page.. Lets see what they have to say than. Also tell them Elon Specifically said on delivery Day yes it can play cyberpunk2077. Also on the order page it said PS5 level gaming console ? now what good that does if, it only plays beach buggy at best :|

Also no where on order page back than it mention this will require additional hardware at additional cost...

Just heard back from Tesla.

"Thank you for contacting Tesla regarding your concern. After review, A retrofit is not yet available at this time, and we currently do not have an ETA.
We thank you for your time, and value your feedback which has been forwarded to the appropriate teams."

Just heard back from Tesla.

"Thank you for contacting Tesla regarding your concern. After review, A retrofit is not yet available at this time, and we currently do not have an ETA.
We thank you for your time, and value your feedback which has been forwarded to the appropriate teams."
Aka we don't care, but here's a politically correct statement to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Tell them this, The car back in 2021 on delivery day was showcased playing CyberPunk2077 being played where is that title ? Where is Witcher which was on the order page.. Lets see what they have to say than. Also tell them Elon Specifically said on delivery Day yes it can play cyberpunk2077. Also on the order page it said PS5 level gaming console ? now what good that does if, it only plays beach buggy at best :|

Also no where on order page back than it mention this will require additional hardware at additional cost...
I will reply with this to the service tech and will see what they say.

I will reply with this to the service tech and will see what they say.
What is surprising here is while I got the answer the retrofit is not available at this time and will be available in future, you on the other hand got a price quote and was available. I am not understanding why some poeple are getting Price estimate / Retrofit is possible now.
and some like me are getting that its not available yet and no time frame..