Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Year Refresh: Owners' Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is surprising here is while I got the answer the retrofit is not available at this time and will be available in future, you on the other hand got a price quote and was available. I am not understanding why some poeple are getting Price estimate / Retrofit is possible now.
and some like me are getting that its not available yet and no time frame..
Maybe because I chose infotainment and other infotainment when scheduling the service. Then I noted upgrade needed from 8GB to 16 GB to support latest features like steam integration. if I just called the service I would have received different response?

Rumor has it that Tesla might offer free MCU retrofits for 2021 and early 2022 S/X
Not my experience:
146F5975-024F-4B82-988E-C8DBB1627E64.png

I did not get the steam update on my Aug build 439xxx plaid (no surprise) but my wife's Sept build MX did, and it sucks. I was hoping the kids could play on the rear screen while driving.
Turns out that's not the case at all. So in reality, it will never be played on the front screen.
No need to fuss over getting it on my plaid since the implementation also sucks. We are stuck grabbing data through Tesla's VPN which is slow af.
Totally unimpressed.
I feel like they made a minimum effort for marketing, just to say they made it happen. Even though all of us 2021 people get screwed out of it the 16GB.
BTW looks like steam requires just over 8GB to idle.

Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 7.26.27 PM.jpg

All this talk about screens in the refresh is great, but what about 3rd row compatibility people!! One of the big hidden gem features of the pre refresh Model S is factory third row. Do those station wagon jump seats still fit the refresh cars??? (someone lie to me and please say yes)

20220911_104108.jpg

All this talk about screens in the refresh is great, but what about 3rd row compatibility people!! One of the big hidden gem features of the pre refresh Model S is factory third row. Do those station wagon jump seats still fit the refresh cars??? (someone lie to me and please say yes)
My understanding is the support infrastructure for the jump seats was removed with the 21 refresh, or before.