Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine says "July" but not a specific date. No VIN. Ordered in September. Plaid/19"/Pearl White/White+Carbon

I wish I knew for certain whether my current set of staggered 21" forged wheels would fit - that's the only reason I didn't feel like paying $4500 for the Arachnids, even though they do look good. Eyeballing the offsets, I think they will if the lug nut pattern is the same but I haven't even confirmed that yet.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Mine says "July" but not a specific date. No VIN. Ordered in September. Plaid/19"/Pearl White/White+Carbon

I wish I knew for certain whether my current set of staggered 21" forged wheels would fit - that's the only reason I didn't feel like paying $4500 for the Arachnids, even though they do look good. Eyeballing the offsets, I think they will if the lug nut pattern is the same but I haven't even confirmed that yet.
That is good news that you have a July date. Makes sense, given the website indicates August delivery for Plaids ordered today, which would indicate 19s will be rolling out this month for the backlog from last year. Good luck!

its my understanding that the "old" Arachnids will fit, but may need a 5mm spacer to have the exact same offset as the new Arachnids. Also, the new Arachnids come with wider tires. So your current set *should* fit just fine with no rubbing/no issues.

Reactions: serendipitous
its my understanding that the "old" Arachnids will fit, but may need a 5mm spacer to have the exact same offset as the new Arachnids. Also, the new Arachnids come with wider tires. So your current set *should* fit just fine with no rubbing/no issues.

That's what I'm hoping for. If the bolt pattern is the same, the new wheels are 9.5x21 +40 in the front, and 10.5x21 +45 in the rear. Mine are 9.0x21 +32 in the front and 10.5x21 +38 in the rear and fill out the fenders nicely. I should be good with the wheel pushed out slightly vs OEM (likely a good thing). And I'll be able to fit wider tires than before.

Reactions: 2101Guy
This is a thread for us poor neglected MS Refresh 19” wheel buyers. Has anyone taken delivery? Or have an estimated delivery date? Any news on when they are expected to ship?

Hah another thread to follow! I ordered 19s in December and had mid-Feb to mid-March as my delivery date until the refresh was announced, then blank until May; had "June" as an EDD for like a week and then it went back to blank. Part of me wonders why some people seem to just stay blank all the time vs others who have a cavalcade of dates that come and go almost weekly. Not enough to speculate, or start mining data, just mild curiosity.

Assuming there's some issue specifically with wheels (aside from paint colors etc) there's that huge temporary parking lot with dozens of cars with 19" wheels enjoying the California sunshine so my hope would be that whenever they get a truckload of replacement wheels a bunch of cars will leave California in rapid succession. Right?

Side question - does anyone know who makes the wheels or at least what country they're made in? Like would they be coming over on a boat, or trucked in from Minnesota or something?

I posted this on another thread, but here’s something to ponder.

My 1/27 LR 19” order still has the same blank EDD since mid-May. But I made a Plaid order yesterday with the same Blue/Cream/Tempest 19s as my LR and the EDD shows as July. So if that is any indication (and history says Tesla EDDs are questionable at best), 19s are on the way and Plaids will be getting them first. As if we didn’t already know that last part.

Reactions: Drew-MS and cwanja
While I can understand a shortage of high tech silicon chips, it’s unfathomable that Elon forgot to order any 19” wheels for tens of thousands of cars. Car that we were told would be available late January 2021.

Unbelievable.
That has been my take, they clearly ordered the silver wheels with the silver/gray aero covers. So if the delay is due to a color change on the wheels, just paint the damn things. Most of us were going to do that anyway. Otherwise what are they going to do with those wheels that they must have ordered and received? We’be seen quite a few cars with those original silver/gray Tempest wheels rotting in that temporary holding lot for over a month now. Are they going to melt them down or what?

Reactions: kessyyas and cwanja
1/1/21 blk/blk/19" order with no EDD in months.....

B78E73B0-93F8-4B64-9627-68DFEE59FE5C_1_201_a.jpeg