Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a basic question: how come all the ordering language (on the ordering page, in my account price breakdown, and in my MVOA) refers to the 19” wheels as Tempest, yet the manual refers to them as Cardenio??

87E3049B-E0E0-465D-A167-C85BE84AC0F7.jpeg

82E353E7-9096-4677-B6C8-6525CB68FCBE.jpeg

754D2F6C-0600-4A2A-A486-F92570048EDF.jpeg

3665867D-76CC-4088-8C04-5188E85BCAC4.jpeg

I'm not sure if this is a good sign or not? I don't remember having this agreement page before.

I ordered first week of January and updated to Plaid shortly after announcement. RN listed below. White / White / CF and 19's. For what it's worth I've rarely ever had a EDD and when I would it would quickly disappear. I was also told I would get the $2k discount for the pre-refresh order and would be "priority" delivery. :rolleyes:

model s order.png

@DukeofURL you and I have identical config, original order date, and first 5 digits of RN.
Curious, what is the date that shows up on your current MVOA?
It lists my old RN from last year, but "Order Placed with Electronically Accepted Terms: 06/19/2021", when I actually accepted those terms on 9/22/2020, and had been harassing people on the phone at Tesla for over a week before 6/19 to get my order converted (without a $10k penalty) before they went and did it themselves lol.

Reactions: T-Racer
It lists my old RN from last year, but "Order Placed with Electronically Accepted Terms: 06/19/2021", when I actually accepted those terms on 9/22/2020, and had been harassing people on the phone at Tesla for over a week before 6/19 to get my order converted (without a $10k penalty) before they went and did it themselves lol.
Lol ok so we also have the same date on our MVOA.
Did your EDD ever show July (or anything else than blank)?
Mine did between 6/17 and 6/24, then blank ever since..

Last edited:
Also, exactly the same. Haha. Showed 'July' at first, then went blank closer to the end of July. Been blank since.
Wow, we’re like distant twins lol (I’m assuming you meant to write “went blank closer to the end of June”)

So at this point it’s a coin toss as to who between us two will get a VIN and delivery first!

My bet: you’ll get a VIN first since you’re in the east coast, but I’ll get delivery first since I’m under an hour drive from the factory (where my Plaid is set for pickup) ;)

Wow, we’re like distant twins lol (I’m assuming you meant to write “went blank closer to the end of June”)

So at this point it’s a coin toss as to who between us two will get a VIN and delivery first!

My bet: you’ll get a VIN first since you’re in the east coast, but I’ll get delivery first since I’m under an hour drive from the factory (where my Plaid is set for pickup) ;

I think your sa dropped the ball with you guys. My sa called
Me the day after the refresh was announced to confirm that I was ok with the refresh and the price change and electronically accepted terms for me.
Maybe that doesn’t matter. But maybe that’s what they use for order date.

ON THÉ OTHER HAND IT IS PROBABLY THE 19” wheels. Please disregard this reply. 😀

• Funny
Reactions: DukeofURL
Good for you :)
When I ordered a few days ago, it said August-September, then it changed to October. Now, it says nothing ... just "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date". I asked the local service advisor and she said ... November. LOL.
If a few days ago November may seem more correct. It has stated a September/October delivery estimate since early May on the site.

Good for you :)
When I ordered a few days ago, it said August-September, then it changed to October. Now, it says nothing ... just "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date". I asked the local service advisor and she said ... November. LOL.
This is what’s so infuriating. There is no configuration you can order today that states an estimated delivery later than September-October. But once you have made an order, the EDD goes blank or you’re told “November”. Classic bait and switch.

Of course it’s even worse when you’ve ordered in 2020, or January like myself, and there’s zero communication of when you can expect your car. Promises of March, June, July disappeared without even a comment from Tesla. If that November date actually happens consider yourself lucky.

This is what’s so infuriating. There is no configuration you can order today that states an estimated delivery later than September-October. But once you have made an order, the EDD goes blank or you’re told “November”. Classic bait and switch.
I am hopeful that they are just over stating it and it comes before then. I feel like anyone that had "September / October" is going to get squeezed into the September / EoQ rush assuming there are parts (white seats and 19" it seems at the moment).

I am in that same boat. Just nervous about quality control then.