Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 21” are not worth it. My former MS P100D (lease just ended) had 21” wheels. I replaced my tires 9 times due to pot holes in 3 years of ownership. That’s $5000 almost worth of tires plus all the wheel alignments I had to do every time I hit a big pot hole. In addition, the 21” are more likely to get curb rash. I used touch up paint on them so many times. I am getting now the 19” and might upgrade to 20” from TSportline. 21” will cost a lot more to purchase, a lot more to maintain and they will reduce your range

I still have a blank EDD
Exactly my thought process. Have had multiple shattered rims twice due to potholes with 20" tires on so there is absolutely no way in hell will I get 21" wheels and make it even worst. I understand esthetics matter to people with 21s but it's a huge price to pay for some of us living in areas where potholes are the norm. Not to mention the range on 19s is so close to LR overall range which is a huge plus for us Plaid owners

2D4097AE-FE46-4AFC-8B03-BB71821ED354.png

Ordered on June 6th said June blank now this plaid/msm/black/wood/removedFSD/19s

Exactly my thought process. Have had multiple shattered rims twice due to potholes with 20" tires on so there is absolutely no way in hell will I get 21" wheels and make it even worst. I understand esthetics matter to people with 21s but it's a huge price to pay for some of us living in areas where potholes are the norm. Not to mention the range on 19s is so close to LR overall range which is a huge plus for us Plaid owners
Yep, and after I broke front and rear passenger side from a speed bump, it was the same price to replace those 2 wheels with 4 brand new, beautiful 19"wheels AND tires for the same price as 2 21" Tesla wheels, and the ride was 10 times better as well. Win/win/win.
Except now as we are held hostage waiting for our new orders.

Reactions: Danlbrau
What exactly is the benefit of 21" wheels? They look cool to rappers?

(rubs eyes) I got an EDD! It's been 2 months of blank (ordered in March), checking 4 times a day! It's back... Probably just to tease me, but hey, I'm desperate! Aug 1-15!
And i have the 19" cf config.
Man i hope this turns into a VIN and then my dream car shows up!
Now on to refreshing 10 times a day!

Reactions: Danlbrau
(rubs eyes) I got an EDD! It's been 2 months of blank (ordered in March), checking 4 times a day! It's back... Probably just to tease me, but hey, I'm desperate! Aug 1-15!
we are rooting our asses off for you....

Congrats! This gives me hope as I ordered mine on March 10. You may have a slight advantage as you are in CA and I am in KS.
You are not alone in checking your account several times a day! We all do. Wish the SAs were more customer focused and kept us informed. Maybe they don't know more than what is on the account.

O_O. Same setup as mine except with carbon and FSD and I ordered in Jan... I hope the date is real for you but man it's frustrating being blank after being so early

O_O. Same setup as mine except with carbon and FSD and I ordered in Jan... I hope the date is real for you but man it's frustrating being blank after being so early
Your order is my twin, same order date and configuration. I had the same EDDs as you up to May when mine said June for a couple of days, but blank ever since. I’ll probably never see my LR as I ordered a Plaid on July 6 when it became apparent LRs with 19s are the last thing on Tesla’s mind, so that most likely will come first. Yep, it is frustrating.

Reactions: chromeboy
EDD had been blank for months, a week ago got an EDD of "August." Got excited and thought progress was finally being made on my car. Looked forward to checking my account this morning (aug 1) only to find my EDD missing again.

This is unbelievably frustrating. No one at Tesla (the we have access to) knows anything. SA are a joke, I'm honestly not even sure why the position exists since no useful information is ever distributed by them. Seems like a bot could regurgitate generic responses to our concerns just as well and in a more timely manner.

Every one of us here is spending almost 6 figures or more. I feel like we are entitled to some transparency. I would feel 1000x better if we were just sent a simple email, "sorry our wheel order was botched, we're working on it, this will probably add X weeks to pending orders."

I just don't understand why they are toying with us, repeatedly over promising and under delivering.

Feb 4 order, gray on black / LR / FSD / 19"

NOT A REAL PHOTO, *photoshop below*

Tried to edit the photo posted above to roughly match the color of the LR wheel covers showing on the tesla.com order page.

I'm thinking Gloss or Satin black matching the trim will look pretty good. Dark Gray will still be better than the std light silver. Still tough to tell until we see them in person.

View attachment 689548
That was a pretty accurate Photoshop actually. From the main delivery thread, this is what they apparently looks like:

F2B800ED-17ED-4A38-B9DA-3BC2DFD03BCF.jpeg

4907A3EA-AC03-41A7-8A6B-797C7A18006C.jpeg