Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blk/Blk/Tempest/No FSD. Ordered 1/06/2021. Had EDD of July for 3 weeks in July and then has been blank. Talked to sales and they are telling me October is more realistic...Has to do with efficiency (inefficiency) of the manufacturing line and shortage of chips...

Blk/Blk/Tempest/No FSD. Ordered 1/06/2021. Had EDD of July for 3 weeks in July and then has been blank. Talked to sales and they are telling me October is more realistic...Has to do with efficiency (inefficiency) of the manufacturing line and shortage of chips...

19” wheels = shortage of chips? 🤨. 😂🤣

Last edited:
I could have sworn I read multiple articles recently where Tesla praised themselves for not being impacted by the chip shortage due to total re-writes of software that removed reliance on the now-rare chips?

Just another EDD datapoint: MS Plaid Ordered 3/17, #RN1146, Blue/Cream/Wood/FSD/19s, Location: CO, EDD: Blank for months, then (starting Jul 31) -> Aug 8-22->Aug 10-21->Aug 11-21->Aug12-21 (day for day slip and "tightening"). Could be just monkey games, or maybe they are delivering a few 19s?

It's not like they're having trouble selling the 21" version. Not sure why anyone thinks Tesla would even consider upgrading folks to 21" wheels for free. Tesla is in no hurry to get you a car - they're selling them faster than they can make them :)
That’s only because they can’t figure out how to make them. Something like 2,800 units in the first half? Ford sold 362,000 F-150s in the first six months, chip shortage and all. More fell off the back of the car carriers than Tesla could deliver thru June.

Reactions: umair239
Thanks for posting the photos.
Rip for my expectations on getting it this month lol

June 6th order plaid/msm/black/wood/removedfsd/19s
June blank aug 15-31 13-27 and now 15-27

Attachments

• 532E5389-4CEC-4D93-9862-9003B29E23CB.png
    532E5389-4CEC-4D93-9862-9003B29E23CB.png
    347 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: T-Racer
That’s only because they can’t figure out how to make them. Something like 2,800 units in the first half? Ford sold 362,000 F-150s in the first six months, chip shortage and all. More fell off the back of the car carriers than Tesla could deliver thru June.
"First Half" is a pretty pointless timeframe considering they didn't even finish the car until the second week of June. Obviously the halo car from a niche EV manufacturer isn't selling as much as the highest volume vehicle in the country :rolleyes: What's your point?

Not happened for anyone on this forum, at least no one has come forward. But there has been non-mules posted. There are people who have estimated date ranges in the second half of August though. So it is coming.
I have daily shrinking date range at both ends (don't jinx it!) Now Aug 5-14. I'd be happy to be the 1st TMC 19" Plaid to offer therapy to the rest of you and join the Leo hates me club.

Cross-posting from the main delivery thread.

I just spoke to the sales manager at the SF store. Even though my EDD is blank, he was able to see in their internal system that my Plaid with 19” wheels and CF trim will be produced between mid-August to mid-September. He recommended I wait for the 19s instead of switching to the 21s, nice guy.
Hey @MarcG - did / does your contact have any context for 19s wheels in general or white interior? Know it is not specific to your car. But with Sam's contact out, seems like you might be one of the few who might have details. Especially with dates flying all over the place this afternoon.

Hey @MarcG - did / does your contact have any context for 19s wheels in general or white interior? Know it is not specific to your car. But with Sam's contact out, seems like you might be one of the few who might have details. Especially with dates flying all over the place this afternoon.
Unfortunately my inside contact has also been out for at least a week, calling goes straight to voicemail (I've been trying every weekday with no success). I hope they didn't get fired..
This latest info on my order came from the sales manager at Tesla SF. I will definitely post if I get insider info again. But I'm getting the sense that management is cracking down on "leaks", which is unfortunate because we're just asking pertinent questions given the lack of visibility/transparency, and dates all over the place (or none).

• Love
Reactions: cwanja