Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They will probably not. It is held on by two pieces of 3M tape. Any detailer should, or remove the front bracket and then heat up the back bracket and start pulling
Ive heated up, then used long piece of dental floss to saw between the object and the tape (backside of the back bracket). Once the object is removed, I've had luck soaking any leftover adesive resudie in goo gone or WD40 in the sun for a few mins. Then it just comes right off.

@Drew-MS I think I prefer the ceramic coated aeros on the car better; looks wise and range wise. Easier to clean as well. Tell me more about your tint job. What did you have done, what percent did you go with (and what glass surfaces), what product did you use, how much did it cost, etc. And, of course..... put up some Pictures!
Sure, I went with ceramic 3M all windows in 35% except the windshield I went with 70%. Total $700..

Attachments

• 3EB377D8-5C35-4779-AF16-5D1580E71AB3.jpeg
    3EB377D8-5C35-4779-AF16-5D1580E71AB3.jpeg
    919.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 94E3216F-8648-451E-92DF-077E74D3BBB1.jpeg
    94E3216F-8648-451E-92DF-077E74D3BBB1.jpeg
    718.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 584C3195-CD4D-4725-B75C-D0C25440A519.jpeg
    584C3195-CD4D-4725-B75C-D0C25440A519.jpeg
    670.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 34E17A7A-B00B-4C8E-9EFC-EE4F8256D346.jpeg
    34E17A7A-B00B-4C8E-9EFC-EE4F8256D346.jpeg
    772.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 6F71CCF6-05D9-443B-B25E-FBD039297735.jpeg
    6F71CCF6-05D9-443B-B25E-FBD039297735.jpeg
    491.8 KB · Views: 80
  • E154A942-6BBE-4B40-8B07-F7CA38B68A14.jpeg
    E154A942-6BBE-4B40-8B07-F7CA38B68A14.jpeg
    759.2 KB · Views: 91
@Drew-MS Exactly what I was planning. Same tint level and same 3M Ceramic high IR rejection product. No windshield. Tell me, how do you like the film and tint level with the MSM?
I think 35% looks awesome. I didn’t want it too dark so 35% was a good compromise. The heat rejection is very noticeable from early in the day (pre-tint) compared to late in the day (post-tint.) The price would have been $550 without the windshield.

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
Interesting - my EDD went from "February" to "October 21 - November 10". I had actually started the process of home buying, figuring I had plenty of time to get things settled before the Plaid arrived. Wonder how much stock to put in this new date range.
If you ordered a Plaid, you are almost certain to receive it before Sept 30. They are pumping those things out as a top priority, six months old or longer LR reservations be damned. Yesterday there were dozens in inventory available nationwide. No doubt yours is being scheduled for production as I type this.

Reactions: Drew-MS and T-Racer
What do you think about the updated Tesla APP? I am glad I can now see my RN number and check for updates.
I am sure Tesla servers must get lot of hits from customers checking the status of their car. Alas the EDD does not move up for us LR customers!:(
It looks like the update is only on iOS right now. My wife has an iPhone but I have an Android. That's pretty cool if you can check your RN number. Hope the update comes to Android soon!

Looks like google staggers updates for some reason. I was able to download the apk and install it. But I'm sure it'll be just a couple days until it's available to everyone with Android.
Tesla is likely using the phased rollout features, probably on both iOS and Android. Apple allows you to just go manually update though, even if you didn't make it into the "phase", but Google does not.

Reactions: cwanja
Not sure if paying cash for Model S has any impact on delivery dates. I paid cash for my first S 85 and paying cash for my MS LR and my DDE seems to be slipping. I want to believe that Tesla is a ethical company and will not prioritize customer service for small incremental profits especially for Model S which hardly moves the need on revenue or profits. But then I could be totally wrong.
They’re not. That has become apparent to me over the last 8 months. I spared you guys a lot of the other details but they involve a third order, playing around with a “pay in cash” order. I will tell you that the car that I said I would pay in cash was the one that got the VIN assigned coincidentally. This can be changed to financing which is what I did once I got VIN. And FWIW I honestly think they have an algorithm that can identify high income people (i.e. Millionaires) and YouTube influencers, because the non-famous people I know who got their Plaids are worth over $5M and ordered them about 3 weeks before they were delivered. It is what it is I guess.

Reactions: FlatSix911
They’re not. That has become apparent to me over the last 8 months. I spared you guys a lot of the other details but they involve a third order, playing around with a “pay in cash” order. I will tell you that the car that I said I would pay in cash was the one that got the VIN assigned coincidentally. This can be changed to financing which is what I did once I got VIN. And FWIW I honestly think they have an algorithm that can identify high income people (i.e. Millionaires) and YouTube influencers, because the non-famous people I know who got their Plaids are worth over $5M and ordered them about 3 weeks before they were delivered. It is what it is I guess.
Millionaires are more likely to not be reliant on their Tesla as a DD and therefore might be more accepting of the early teething problems? You can't predict the monkey.

Celebrities most certainly get bumped to the head of the line, particularly if they make a public stink. I don’t think Tesla has the ability to sort out multimillionaires from run of the mill millionaires. As a test, back in June when deliveries were imminent i plunked down $250k on a Founder’s Series Roadster reservation hoping that would move me up. Nope.