Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes me concerned for my June order that is sitting at 11/11 to 12/1.

The only thing in the back of my head is that we have seen the estimator jump the dates in the wrong direction only to come back and correct to the same or better (e.g. earlier) dates.
May date has moved in and out. When I placed the order in late May it said September. Very shortly after it changed to September/October. Then October and October/November and back to October. Then a more specific range in November and just recently the Nov 22 - Dec 12. I try not to look at it too much. It will get here when it gets here.

My excitement is fueled by me not having a car. I retired on September 1st and had a company provided car for the last 41 years. My only 'vehicle' at the moment is a Vespa! I love it when its not raining, but I do miss having a car in the garage.

Model S LR with the default setting and FSD.
That's identical to my order except I ordered March 11. They are starting to churn them out pretty quickly. As you can see in my signature I have a similar EDD. I'm picking up in Fremont, which may mean that they save the last of the quarter output for local deliveries. Keep us posted on your order. Where are you picking up?

Reactions: RobK
1631652481001.jpeg

Got a little tighter today. SA still says more likely a week later. So, EOQ pandemonium.

That's identical to my order except I ordered March 11. They are starting to churn them out pretty quickly. As you can see in my signature I have a similar EDD. I'm picking up in Fremont, which may mean that they save the last of the quarter output for local deliveries. Keep us posted on your order. Where are you picking up?
I think I also chose Fremont. How can I confirm that?
Moreover, why does the delivery order seem random instead of first come first serve?

Reactions: T-Racer
To be honest, I am seriously considering whether I should take this EOQ rush car and wait for the next batch. Quite worry about the quality (for a 100K car, ridiculous) but also worry about when I will get assigned a new car if I refuse this delivery at the same time.

I think I also chose Fremont. How can I confirm that?
Moreover, why does the delivery order seem random instead of first come first serve?
Too many factors. Price, production schedule / batches, parts logistics, parts supply, delivery logistics (truck, train, factory pickup), etc. Tesla's track record is East coast / middle of the country first six to eight weeks of a quarter with some West coast deliveries as well. At some point, around week nine or 10, it all cuts over to West coast plus one state to the East for easy logistics / deliveries. This increases their ability to pad the delivered vehicle numbers. Hence why you see CA, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, etc. deliveries all jump from October, November to September. Because they can be delivered in the current quarter, collect the money and count a car as delivered. Regardless of the fact that you ordered later than someone.

Reactions: T-Racer and RobK
  • Parcel shelf new, now magnetic and locks into the sides; also a different size than before and is not interchangeable
  • Subtrunk floor cover I believe is a difference size than before. Should be the easiest to procure.
  • Corner saver / corner floor cover is brand new.
  • Mats are all different in sizes and the drivers side includes a dead pedal cover now.

• The parcel shelf removes differently than before and is a bit harder to remove without first folding down the back seats (though you can). It's a bit thicker than the old one, and seems much more rigid, but isn't any heavier. Definitely not interchangeable. The quality of the carpet on the top is also much nicer.
  • Subtrunk floor cover is definitely a different size/shape. Also - the previous one had a hinge toward the rear bumper side, so you could partially open it; the new one does not have that hinge. The new one is also maybe 50% thicker, but much lighter than the old one. Overall it ends up feeling much more rigid and I think they've made it a torsion box (like hollow fake-wood doors or cheaper Ikea table tops). Also - the new one will sit flat on the trunk floor between the wheel wells, unlike the previous one, so if you have to remove it there's an easy spot to stow it (this seems trivial but really aggravated me in the 2018 S).
  • Corner saver/etc: definitely new. The corner cover is the same thick/lightweight structure type as the main floor.
The trunk area overall is a significantly different shape than the previous Model S and I doubt any of the trim pieces carried over from the previous models.

• The parcel shelf removes differently than before and is a bit harder to remove without first folding down the back seats (though you can). It's a bit thicker than the old one, and seems much more rigid, but isn't any heavier. Definitely not interchangeable. The quality of the carpet on the top is also much nicer.
  • Subtrunk floor cover is definitely a different size/shape. Also - the previous one had a hinge toward the rear bumper side, so you could partially open it; the new one does not have that hinge. The new one is also maybe 50% thicker, but much lighter than the old one. Overall it ends up feeling much more rigid and I think they've made it a torsion box (like hollow fake-wood doors or cheaper Ikea table tops). Also - the new one will sit flat on the trunk floor between the wheel wells, unlike the previous one, so if you have to remove it there's an easy spot to stow it (this seems trivial but really aggravated me in the 2018 S).
  • Corner saver/etc: definitely new. The corner cover is the same thick/lightweight structure type as the main floor.
The trunk area overall is a significantly different shape than the previous Model S and I doubt any of the trim pieces carried over from the previous models.
Thought about tagging you, knowing you mentioned you were going to do some measuring to get more precise information on changes. But you came through regardless! Hope the car is still treating you well.

• Funny
Reactions: epotter
Thought about tagging you, knowing you mentioned you were going to do some measuring to get more precise information on changes. But you came through regardless! Hope the car is still treating you well.
Hah! I have this huge pile of photos and notes waiting for me to sit down and write a post and I keep not getting to it. I have, however, managed to put nearly 1000 miles on the car in the last week. Anyway if I can get the big post that's in my head out in a dozen or so replies, then I don't have to do it 😅

The car is amazing and definitely worth the wait. It's a completely different beast than the 2018 I had before, and better in basically every way. As a side note, specifically relevant to this thread even (!) I've officially put the hubcaps in bags and stuck them in the attic. I've gotten 3-4 unprompted "wow those wheels are really cool" comments from various people so I feel good about the decision from a looks perspective, though I'll probably keep an eye out for center caps that are a better match.

Hah! I have this huge pile of photos and notes waiting for me to sit down and write a post and I keep not getting to it. I have, however, managed to put nearly 1000 miles on the car in the last week. Anyway if I can get the big post that's in my head out in a dozen or so replies, then I don't have to do it 😅

The car is amazing and definitely worth the wait. It's a completely different beast than the 2018 I had before, and better in basically every way. As a side note, specifically relevant to this thread even (!) I've officially put the hubcaps in bags and stuck them in the attic. I've gotten 3-4 unprompted "wow those wheels are really cool" comments from various people so I feel good about the decision from a looks perspective, though I'll probably keep an eye out for center caps that are a better match.
@epotter Look at those wheels on MSM! 😀
680647B4-C509-4D31-8085-6D684ECDD120.jpeg
072FF44F-5038-4307-BCA3-10AD21B6CA37.jpeg

Thank you. Both good and bad changes. The ability to store the subtrunk cover within the back is really a huge deal. If I wanted to remove it, I had to store it inside my house. Now, I can leave it inside.
It is a bit annoying to have to fold down the back seats to remove the parcel shelf though: fold down the back seats, remove the cover, put seats back up. Oh well. Does it still fold at least?

Reactions: cwanja
Could you please let us know how you attached those mudflaps to your car?
@DCEV I posted a detailed review, with pictures, a few weeks back in this thread. In short, I used 3M double sided tape on the fenders/quarter panels and drilled/installed push pins through the flap and wheel well liner. Up front, I also used one regular metal screw into the lip. Yeah I know, but way better than having all of the paint damage that others posted - given no custom flaps yet exist for the refreshed S, at least not at the time I took delivery. Wasn't interested in a $5000 PPF job, either....