Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS LR tire question/problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got a flat on my rear wheel on a refresh MSLR. I have 21” Arachnids which are awesome but have run into a major problem. Tire is a Michelin pilot sport 4s 295/30/21. They are on national backorder and no one locally had them or could even get them. Had to tow to Tesla dealership who is overnighting one of the two left in their nationwide stock to put on. I’ve asked and evidently no one has a “different “ tire to replace either. Not sure what to do to avoid going through this again ever, much less before there’s a increase in national stock. Poor planning on someone’s part.

Buy an extra tire and hold it, because when you have a flat in a Tesla, it is ALWAYS hard to get a tire unless Tesla just happens to have a loaner in stock. Most places where I live never stock these size tires. There is a nationwide (worldwide) logistics problem. Many things are not available now. Tire Rack seems to have a few tires in that size (Perelli, Continental, etc.), but the Michelins are back ordered until end of November. You could buy a pair of those, and keep one of your current Michelins as a spare. I am not sure who you could blame -- the pandemic, Longshoremen, yourself, Tesla. These are strange times throughout the world. We have not had a pandemic like this in 100 years.