Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MSP to 2023 MSP and its differences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With 600 miles on my new 2023 Model S Plaid ultra red, I feel like I can give a summary now of the differences between my new one and my 2021 MSP. That one was blue.

1. Finish/build quality/ride

My 2023 just feels better built, tighter overall. It’s is noticeably quieter inside and rides smoother with a better ride. The suspension creak/sound that was in my 2021 isn’t there on my 2023. No noticeable panel gaps that I can see with my untrained eye. There was a piece of lint under the paint on the hood, that my PPF/Detailer guy noticed and had to remove and buff out. Same orange peel on rear quarter panel that’s noticeable like my 2021.

2. brakes

Feel the same as my 2021 despite better pads

3. Stereo

Less bass from subwoofer in my 2023. The subwoofer slider on the EQ doesn’t change the sub output weirdly, but verified the sub is doing something as I feel a vibration where it is mounted in the right rear panel? Going to have service check it out

4. Roof

Love the clearer roof. So much more light and more visibility to the outside. Obv a preference which you prefer. Don’t notice any more heat inside either.

5. Vibration

40-50 vibration is not yet present on my 2023, but have noticeable vibration from 75 mph upwards. Like the tires are unbalanced, but had them road force balanced at Discount Tire, so I know it’s not that. The car is as smooth as butter from 0-65 mph. Falls apart after that due to vibration at higher speeds as noted above. Service appt scheduled this week. Ugh.

6. Odds and Ends

Love the white interior. Tilt screen is nice but not game changer. Haven’t played around much with Steam (my 2021 didn’t have it). Love the updated tail lights and headlights are better. No park distance controls yet? Woof
screenshot-www.tesla.com-2023.06.06-12_04_27.png

Thanks for sharing! No USS, right.. also, no radar? I’m not so bullish on Tesla Vision
New Model S and X vehicles with AP HW 4.0 actually do have a forward-facing radar. It’s a new one, though it’s unclear if it’s in use right now.

Model Ys with HW4 apparently do not have the radar, which is kind of odd.

None of the new cars have USS.

Rumor is they’ll be adding at least one additional camera on the front bumper, possibly starting with the “Highland” Model 3, which may help better address some of the missing USS accuracy.