Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MY has PWS (public warning system)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was curious about a weird sound/music coming from car when I summoned it in reverse/forward and posted Plays some loud music when summoned? .

I checked underneath and found the PWS speaker.. Didn't know until today. I have a 2021 MY with VIN sequence 666xx.

Attachments

• pws2021my.jpeg
    pws2021my.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 100
It’s very noticeable and personally very annoying to me. Mine only seemed active at very low speeds (5 or 10mph... possibly just when I was in reverse). There is a kit by abstract ocean that will take care of all of your problems, so I only drove the car a few hundred feet before it became silent again....

That said, it’s not really silent with all the Gemini crackling sounds...

Edit: First week of October build for me, I forget exactly but I think like 59,300 vin range for me...

It’s very noticeable and personally very annoying to me. Mine only seemed active at very low speeds (5 or 10mph... possibly just when I was in reverse). There is a kit by abstract ocean that will take care of all of your problems, so I only drove the car a few hundred feet before it became silent again....

That said, it’s not really silent with all the Gemini crackling sounds...

Edit: First week of October build for me, I forget exactly but I think like 59,300 vin range for me...

Is the speaker something you can just unplug if you don’t want it to make any noise? I recall reading that some builds had the wire harness going to where the speaker would be but no speaker.

Reactions: Traffic_Cone
It apparently is only in operation under 19 mph going forward, and some owners feel that it only operates it there is an actual pedestrian detected - how, I don't know. This hasn't been confirmed but has been mentioned in a couple of threads about PWS. Oh, and it's technically called Pedestrian Warning System.

It apparently is only in operation under 19 mph going forward, and some owners feel that it only operates it there is an actual pedestrian detected - how, I don't know. This hasn't been confirmed but has been mentioned in a couple of threads about PWS. Oh, and it's technically called Pedestrian Warning System.
It certainly operates when reversing and when no one is around. I back into my garage and I heard it... before I fixed it ;)

Reactions: angus[Y]oung

Super curious here. I can see where you are in a parking lot and pedestrians are out of site behind a parked van that needs to hear if a car is coming and the car can't detect them.