Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MY likely to be totaled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I step in the accelerator instead of brake pulling into a parking lot and hit another car.
insurance told me that it’s likely to be totaled. I tried to get an estimate of equivalent car ( I have about 5000 miles).
how do account for the value of the FSD as most resale do not include FSD as it is not transferable.
Advice, please. Thanks.

Attachments

• 0F31481D-91EB-4FF3-86A6-68D0F1D307D5.jpeg
    0F31481D-91EB-4FF3-86A6-68D0F1D307D5.jpeg
    571.7 KB · Views: 155
I think what they are asking is how do they account for the FSD in the value of the car from insurance. The car isn't being transferred to someone else.

@op .. I guess the only thing you can do is highlight with the insurance company that the FSD was a paid for option and stays with the car so the value they offer you should account for that.

Reactions: Deutsch100
IMO, this wouldn't be totaled. The impact seems to be directly in the center, which means it missed the main body mounts to the either side just behind the wheel wells. Even if there is sizable damage, it doesn't look severe enough to have gotten beyond the subframe. The entire subframe assembly can easily be detached and replaced with a new one.

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 2.15.21 PM.png

For Teslas, due to the location of the main battery module, sever side impacts have better chance of getting the car totaled than directly in front or rear. There is no engine/differential to get pushed into the main frame exerting twisting force.

Reactions: jpy1980