Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MY With Roof Rack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,
Looked at a 2021 MY with a roof rack that was installed by Tesla. Told the dealer that I did not like the roof rack. I was asked if I would buy the the Y without the roof rack and I told them Yes. Any potential problems with removing the roof racks? Damage to roof or glass sun roof? thanks in advance for any and all responses.

All,
Looked at a 2021 MY with a roof rack that was installed by Tesla. Told the dealer that I did not like the roof rack. I was asked if I would buy the the Y without the roof rack and I told them Yes. Any potential problems with removing the roof racks? Damage to roof or glass sun roof? thanks in advance for any and all responses.
You should be fine as the roof rack is easy to install and uninstall. The RR kit also has some PPF to protect the paint. The rack also doesnt hook onto the glass but a metal area under it. You’ll be fine. Enjoy your car as a ton of us are still waiting :(

I doubt that you will get any discount from getting the roof rack been removed while you can easily sell it on this forum or on eBay.

A new Model Y roof rack is sold by Tesla for $500. It's a Yakima roof rack compatible with any specially designed assessories.

Anyway, it has negligeable effect on the range and otherwise can be practical, especially if you work on your house.

Last edited: