Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYLR Heated cup holder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In cold weather the front center console cup holders remain very cold after the cabin heats up. It makes the exterior of my insulated travel mug very cold and cools my coffee down. I saw some models have heated cup holders in a cold weather package. In the Y cup holder there is a metal looking circle. Is the heating hardware there and how would I enable it?

Secondly, has anyone seen a plug in disc type warmer small enough enough to fit in the bottom of the cup holder? (Not the big clunky things...)

In cold weather the front center console cup holders remain very cold after the cabin heats up. It makes the exterior of my insulated travel mug very cold and cools my coffee down. I saw some models have heated cup holders in a cold weather package. In the Y cup holder there is a metal looking circle. Is the heating hardware there and how would I enable it?

Secondly, has anyone seen a plug in disc type warmer small enough enough to fit in the bottom of the cup holder? (Not the big clunky things...)
No, the cup holders are not heated. If your coffee is getting cold then you need a better insulated mug. I use a contigo and it works well enough that I have to cool my coffee down before putting it into the mug or it will be too hot for my whole drive. You can also preheat the car to avoid cold surfaces. Your other option is a heated travel mug that plugs into the 12v socket in the center console. Not sure about heated discs, but if a mug is insulated it won’t absorb the heat from under it.

Reactions: PrGrPa
Upvote 0
No, the cup holders are not heated. If your coffee is getting cold then you need a better insulated mug. I use a contigo and it works well enough that I have to cool my coffee down before putting it into the mug or it will be too hot for my whole drive. You can also preheat the car to avoid cold surfaces. Your other option is a heated travel mug that plugs into the 12v socket in the center console. Not sure about heated discs, but if a mug is insulated it won’t absorb the heat from under it.
Preheat the mug with hot water. Thermal cup 101.

Upvote 1