Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYLR on 17's (Snow Tires)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the opportunity to pick up a set of snow tires and rims for my MY. The tires are on 17" rims (fitment checks out) but have an aspect ratio of 65. According to tiresize.com the total wheel diameter of the 17" snows are only 1/2" bigger than stock (See attached photo).

My other option is to purchase snow tires for my stock 20" Inductions. But that is at least twice as expensive and I'd rather not run the Inductions during the winter. While I have seen a MY on 18's w/ snow tires (See here) I can't find anything for 17's. My main concern would be any safety issues. Thoughts?

And yes, I waited too long to sort this :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• MYsnows.PNG
    MYsnows.PNG
    411.3 KB · Views: 137
Did your 17" rims fit over the brakes? How much clearance? What model of rims?

With the properly size tire (28" to 29" diameter tire), the only safety issue I can see is the brake calipers rubbing on the inside barrel of the rim. I run 30" tires on 18" x7.5 enkei PF01 ,235/65r18 crossclimate2. No issues. Quieter than the stock for LR. If I can find a 17" rim to fit, I would probably go with 235/65r17 or 245/65r17